The Regal Princess, Princess’ Cruises’ newest ship – has its naming ceremony November 5, 2014.
Future plots include the idea of seizing cruise ships and carrying out attacks in Europe…
One of Australia’s richest men, Clive Palmer, has unveiled plans for a 21st century version of the Titanic to be built in China, with its first voyage from England to New York set for 2016. Read more here: http://www.breitbart.com/system/wire/CNG—900372705590b12088fe792d15f2c61c—c1
Three new cruise ship regulations have been adopted:
1) Passage Planning – although cruise lines have followed IMO guidance on passage planning for many years our policy now deems this to be a mandatory minimum requirement and enhanced by endorsement of the best practices contained in the International Chamber of Shipping’s Bridge Procedures Guide. Furthermore, under this policy each passage plan is to be thoroughly briefed to all bridge team members well in advance of its implementation and it is to be drafted by a designated officer and approved by the master.
2) Personnel Access To The Bridge – to minimize unnecessary disruptions and distractions on the bridge we have adopted a policy that bridge access is to be limited to those with operational functions during any period of restricted manoeuvring or when increased vigilance is required.
3) Lifejackets – In addition to the statutory requirement of carriage of lifejackets for each person onboard, we have adopted a policy of carrying additional adult lifejackets onboard each cruise ship in excess of these legal requirements so that the number of additional adult lifejackets to be provided must not be less than the total number of persons berthed within the ship’s most populated main vertical fire zone. This ensures that the number of lifejackets carried are far in excess of the number of persons actually onboard the ship.
For the full information release see: http://www.europeancruisecouncil.com/content/ECC%2024%20April%202012_Cruise%20Industry%20Announces%20Three%20New%20Safety%20Policies.pdf
The British liner Balmoral set sail along the route of the RMS Titanic. The ship left from the same dock where the Titanic ship had sailed 100 years ago. She sailed on Easter Sunday, April 8, 2012 while the Titanic sailed on April 10, 1912.
“5 more bodies have been found. It brings the number of bodies recovered to 30 with 2 still missing and presumed to have drowned.”
The Disney Fantasy sets sail on its Maiden Voyage on March 31, 2012. It looks like that the Disney Fantasy will be spending time with both the Disney Magic and the Disney Dream during the Maiden Voyage.
Specifically, the Disney Magic will be with the Fantasy at both Grand Cayman on April 2, 2012 and Cozumel on April 3.
On April 6, 2012, the Disney Fantasy will be at Castaway Cay and the Disney Dream will have a day at sea on her way to Nassau. Meaning there is an extremely high chance that they will drop by Castaway Cay around lunch time.
So, for the first time ever, a single Disney ship may see two of her sister ships during a single voyage.
Should be a special cruise for those on the Fantasy, the Magic and the Dream.
Itinerary for Disney Fantasy March 31, 2012 – April 7, 2012:
March 31: Port Canaveral
April 1: At sea
April 2: Grand Cayman
April 3: Cozumel
April 4: Costa Maya
April 5: At Sea
April 6: Castaway Cay
April 7: Port Canaveral
Itinerary for Disney Magic March 30, 2012 – April 6, 2012:
March 30, 2012: Port Canaveral
March 31: Key West
April 1: At Sea
April 2: Grand Cayman
April 3: Cozumel
April 4: At Sea
April 5: Castaway
April 6: Port Canaveral
Itinerary for Disney Dream April 5th-April 8th, 2012:
April 5, 2012: Port Canaveral
April 6th – day at Sea — so it will be near Castaway when the Disney Fantasy is there, which means it could stop by.
April 7th – Castaway.
April 8th – Nassau
Rescuers reached two trapped honeymooners in the interior of a cruise ship more than 24 hours after it ran aground off a picturesque Italian island, killing three people, injuring 20 and leaving dozens unaccounted for.
Cruise recreating Titanic’s fateful voyage is sold out.
Some of the potential Disney Cruise Line itineraries for perhaps 2012, from a Disney Cruise Line survey sent out today. I have to say that some are extremely unimpressive. Particularly the ones leaving from New York and Galveston.
Bermuda is a nice destination, but it appears that they would only go there from New York. Different destinations from Port Canaveral (e.g. Bermuda, longer southern Caribbean cruises, Hawaii etc) would be more palatable. Charleston South Carolina? Come on…it is nice, but for a cruise? Not so much.
- 3-NIGHT BAHAMAS, Cruise Ports: Port Canaveral, Florida; Nassau, Bahamas; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; Port Canaveral, Florida
- 4-NIGHT BAHAMAS Cruise Ports: Port Canaveral, Florida; Nassau, Bahamas; [Read more...]