pirate !!!!

Are you a yard or home haunter? Discuss that here.
putrid
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

pirate !!!!

Post by putrid » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:09 pm

this is my first time here so hopefully I am doing this right... I am planning to do a ( zombie) pirate theme this year. I have had previous yard haunts so I have all the zombie/ graveyard stuff.. does anyone know where I can get dirt cheap pirate swords/bandanas/ eye patches etc ? my budget is fixed as I have a new baby.

plus any cool ideas you may have.

here's some pics from last year
http://pictures.aol.com/ap/viewHoo.do?t ... =%23000000
In the Mouth of Madness (John Carpenter):
"The insane could easily become the majority and you would find yourself locked in a padded cell."

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:22 pm

If you don't care about the quality of the swords, check down the toy aisle of the dollar stores. I've seen fun plastic cutlasses and eye-patches at our local Dollar Tree.

Xofer
Zombie

Post by Xofer » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:32 pm

I'd have to agree, you probably won't find better prices than at a dollar store, unless you have a nearby wholesaler or a fleamarket.

But half the fun of halloween is creating your own gear.
Cardboard swords with grey or silver paint would be really cheap, or just wrap with tinfoil.

Bandanas can be made from old rags around the house. I'm sure back in the pirate days, they didn't go out and purchase a premade hanky. They probably just wrapped cloth and materials around their heads.

As for an eyepatch. Again, cut out some cardboard from a thin cereal box, paint it black, poke some holes and tie a string to it. Or instead, use some black fabric as an eyepatch. Pirates didn't have plastic when you think about it, so real patches must have just been made out of cloth.

Voila.

Homemade is much more fun.
Linus: "Never jump into a pile of leaves with a wet sucker."

Killing is my bussiness..
Zombie

Post by Killing is my bussiness.. » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:32 am

EBAY ! It chock full of Halloween stuff ! It's all cheap right now. the only people shopping are the sick, twisted and depraved people who post here. If nothing else it will give you great ideas and new directions. How about Wal-Mart? Great decorations AND they have a great craft dept. ! You can make most anything and it's CHEAP ! !
And bussiness is good !!!