Carnival HELP!!!!

Are you a yard or home haunter? Discuss that here.
Lost_Soul
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 10992

Carnival HELP!!!!

Post by Lost_Soul » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:03 pm

Hey guys,

I have been reading the forums since last halloween. i LOVE IT!!! A few friends of mine and myself are wanting to do a evil scary carnival theme this year. i want to get started on building things ASAP and need need need ideas. I am thinking a "ticket booth" and have someone selling tickets. but other then that im lost. its just for TOT but not many people do things around here so i want it to be good. Maybe fake carny games in the background? have friends do freak shows? bearded lady? things like that? please help!!! and also any ideas for a carny name so i can make a sign to let people know where we are. THANK YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH!!!!

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Re: Carnival HELP!!!!

Post by MacPhantom » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:12 pm

They make quite a collection of inbred-hillbilly masks.... Maybe you and your chums can all start out as creepy inbred carnies....

How about a knife-toss game, with a big spinning plywood wheel, and a dummy pinned to it with knives?

How about a stand for the ping pong ball tossed into mini goldfish bowls game, but instead of goldfish in the bowls, you could have body parts... fingers, eyeballs, noses, blood....

This might be tricky, but a merry-go-round populated with skeleton children would be cool.... You could make a relatively small one out of plywood and pvc pipes for the poles; maybe use some old stuffed animals for the skeletons to ride on.....

Ciuin
Halloween Master

Post by Ciuin » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:58 pm

MacPhantom wrote:
How about a stand for the ping pong ball tossed into mini goldfish bowls game, but instead of goldfish in the bowls, you could have body parts... fingers, eyeballs, noses, blood....
I like that one.

And freak shows are great, like in Geek Love. Oh, do a geek show.
'All the water's dead. All of it. And the taps don't work either.'

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:07 pm

Hand out Cotton Candy, snow cones or Popcorn... ?

There's a ring toss game-- toss a ring over a bottle.
Bobbing for Apples
A spin-the-wheel (wheel of fortune type thing)
Have a palm reader/fortune teller/astrologist
Balloon Dart game (pop a balloon with the dart win a prize?)

... scary-go-round?

Ring master, Bendy mirrors, ribbon twirlers, trapeze artists, animal shows... *shrug*

Sky's the limit

shanda
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by shanda » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:22 pm

Ahhh, CLOWNS!

As far as I'm concerned, there is nothing creepier than a white faced clown. I will flipping RUN from a clown.

For little kids, those tattoos or face painting is always a hit. I had a daycare carnival game that I made. I used a pole with a pretty big (12') spider tied to the end with a string.

I then used plastic cups with bugs glued on the top. I had a magnet on the spider and magnets on the cups.

The kids then began "fishing" for bugs with their spider. When they caught one, a color or number on the inside of the cup let us know what prize to award.
I am the shadow on the moon at night
Filling your dreams to the brim with fright,
Oggie Boogie

JadedFrySon
Zombie

Post by JadedFrySon » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:03 pm

Hi,

I am also doing 'Carnival of the DEAD' as my theme this year. I am using zombie clowns running a sort of traveling circus. The theme includes a number of trick ways to get the candy--such as a spinning wheel with different prizes on it, BUT every prize comes with a trick, for instance, I have an electric chair with a bucky skeleton holding a bowl of candy in his lap--when kids come for the candy they will get a blast of air from a tank mounted air blaster under the chair.

I will also be using a remotely controlled talking zombie-clown-head-in-a-crate I am building. The lid lifts and the clown head comes out---I talk through a remote microphone and I can see what's going on with 2 infrared cameras which will be mounted discreetley.
So I can interact with the crowd and my wife will be 'assisting' in a creepy zombie clown costume as well.

I hope to have more pictures up as the build goes on.

Good luck with your haunt!
Attachments
work in progress of my talking clown head in a box.
work in progress of my talking clown head in a box.
clown.jpg (75.62 KiB) Viewed 31914 times

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:21 pm

I like this idea, do the kids have to pick which "trick" to get their candy from? Like 3 or 4 choices and the kid approaches and POW they get a scare?
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

JadedFrySon
Zombie

Post by JadedFrySon » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:00 pm

I will make everybody spin the wheel, and it will stop on a designated 'trick'. For the electric chair gag I will label it 'Old Sparky' and, of course, one would think that the chair or candy will somehow give you a Zap--a bit of misdirection--and then I will trigger the air blast remotely. Another one will be 'Hand Chop', and if they get that they will have to place their hand through a black box to get to the candy--I haven't figured out the gag part yet. And so on, I figure to have about 5 or 6 gags round the wheel when Im done figuring them all out.

So I guess to answer your question--the wheel will decide what happens! But I control when everything happens.

The talking clown head also has a trick up his sleeve, I have an air horn mounted low in the box so I can trigger that as well! The clown is based on the pico-talk from boneyard bargains--very cool stuff.

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:27 pm

Very cool...!! :o

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:36 pm

I like it, cant wait to see the progress.
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

JadedFrySon
Zombie

Post by JadedFrySon » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:39 am

Hello everyone!

Here is a link to a little video of the garage haunt I descirbed above...I hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ngbjvi7X1c

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:21 pm

Nicely done! I bet that's a hit with the kids. I love the JitB clown. The clown's head is just so realistic. Creepy! =D

JadedFrySon
Zombie

Post by JadedFrySon » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:35 am

Thanks!

I stumbled across the talking head kit a few months ago and I knew it would be 'the' Halloween decoration for this year.

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:11 am

I hate clowns and you have a very creepy one right there, I am looking forward to seeing it in full action!

Miss Monster
Halloween Master

Post by Miss Monster » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:43 pm

I love clowns, that looks amazing!