HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

See the SantaClaus.com forums for Christmas and Santa chat.
http://www.SantaClaus.com/forums/
Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:28 am

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to wish all of you a wonderful, prosperous and very HAPPY NEW YEAR. 2020 is going to be quite interesting as we enter another decade, the 3rd decade of the 21st Century. What 2020 has in store for all us Halloween freaks is wonderful, too. First off, we have two "Little Halloweens" in 2020. Friday March 13th, and Friday November 13th. In addition to those little 'Trick or Treats,' Halloween is A. going to be on a Saturday, B. going to have a full moon, and C. that's the very night we fall back the clocks, so in addition to all those 'Trick or Treats,' we get an EXTRA HOUR of Halloween Night to enjoy our favorite night of the year.

So I am definitely going to do something special next October and on Halloween because that will be a rare treat in deed.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ONE AND ALL!!

Mike

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Post by Andybev01 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:11 pm

Happy New Year to all!
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:25 pm

Happy New Year to one and all!

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:37 pm

So.....any long-term Halloween plans?? I know that I am going to do barbecued brisket or barbecued spare ribs in the crock pot, and have a party some time in October prior to the 'big day.'

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:09 pm

Haven't thought that far ahead yet. My son and I are trying to plan a summer vacation together. He goes to Germany most summers (he is fluent in the language, studied abroad there, and has friends overseas). This year he wants me to come wirh him, so we are trying to get that worked out.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:50 pm

That sounds like a fabulous trip! Is there room for me in your suitcase?? (narf narf) But on a serious note, I was in Munich back in 86, and it was a great place. I'll tell you one thing. If I ever make it to Germany again, I intend to rent a Porsche 911 and cruise the Autobahn.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:13 am

I was in Munich as a student in 1980. Back then, my future husband and I belonged to a choir that toured Germany, Switzerland, and Austria for a couple of weeks. It was a great trip, but a lifetime ago. My son and I are hoping to snag tickets to the passion play at Oberammergau. That's tough, though, because the play is produced only once every ten years, so it's like trying to get tickets to the Olympics. It might not happen. For me it would be a bucket list thing. But if it doesn't work out, we'll figure out something else.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:31 pm

I certainly wish you luck on that one, because I can only imagine how hard tickets to such a passion play could be to get. Some scalper might have a couple for sale, but be prepared to pay through the nose. Heck, it might actually be CHEAPER to rent a Porsche 9 11 and cruise the autobahn.

At any rate, I know that you will have a great time. Germany knows how to treat visitors.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:15 am

Well, acvording to the official site, there are still tickets available. They even warned against scalpers who are claiming otherwise and gave an acceptable price range. However, we might have to plan our trip to coincide with the availability of tickets. I think the tour groups are sold out, but my son lived on the economy in Germany for seven mos as a student, so he never uses tour groups. He always crafts his own itinerary and relies on German friends and Rick Steves guide books for advice.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:22 pm

I like to do things on my own, too, rather then rely on tour groups. I haven't done any international vacations in a very long time, but I do plan to take a road trip at some point before I'm too old to enjoy it. I still like to use the old fashioned Rand McNally road maps, and do side-trips if the mood so moves me. I plan to make a 'haunted road trip' to Green Lake Wisconsin some time next Spring or Summer.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:00 pm

That sounds like fun, too!

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:01 pm

I've actually wanted to go to Green Lake Wis for a long time. I heard about the "Witches Road," and about a cemetery where a ghost supposedly will push anyone who sits on the roof of his crypt right off. At the very least, I should be able to get some very creepy pictures, though I don't expect to experience anything out of the ordinary.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:02 pm

I would enjoy a road trip like that.

Would you believe I have never been to the Bell Witch cave? I really ought to go there.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:38 pm

I heard of the Bell Witch Cave. That would also be a fun trip to take. This Summer, though, Wisconsin is about is far as I can comfortably afford to go. If it's anything like what I saw on the documentary I watched about it, it will definitely make for some great photo ops.

There are also a few abandoned places down in Missouri and Kentucky that would well worth getting photos of.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:40 am

The Bell Witch Cave is in Adams, TN, which I think is NW of Nashville. We live SE of Nashville, so it would be a road trip for us. I guess I've never done it becauae I'd really like to go in Oct, but that is such a busy time for us. The school year is in full swing, and time is at a premium. Also the days get dramatically shorter that month.