Open XMAS presents or gifts?

See the SantaClaus.com forums for Christmas and Santa chat.
http://www.SantaClaus.com/forums/
iHaunt
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Open XMAS presents or gifts?

Post by iHaunt » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:23 am

Anyone recieve cheddar chesse sausage balls? Smoked ham, sausage, summer sausge? Everything like sausages and cheeses in a wrapped pack? I love them all! :D Ohh, how about fruit cakes? They're good! :)

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:37 pm

I don't think I've personally received those packages of sausage and cheese, but I've been in homes where they were put out to share.

My grandmother made a dark fruit cake that she soaked in rum for weeks before Christmas. As a child I disliked it, but as a teen I learned to eat it when my mother made it. That's one custom I didn't continue, though. I no longer have Mama's recipe for fruit cake. At least, I don't think i do. Maybe it's in a box with a lot of her recipe stuff that I've never gone through!

Not really into cakes at my house, though I do love Trifle, which I make (when I make it) in the traditional English way. Sometimes I will make that for Christmas, especially if I'm invited to a pot luck and asked to bring dessert.

My mother's family was really into ordering citrus fruit from some place down in Texas--Pittman & Davis, I think. I stopped getting it when my own kids started selling fruit for school band, but someday I'm going to go back to it. I think TX citrus fruit is every bit as good as FL's.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:13 pm

We would put out chese balls and crackers on Yew Years Eve back in 'the day.' We all would stay up til midnight, and at the strokd of the New Year, I would toss out a package of firecrackers.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:18 am

Sausage balls? I love them! :D Also, I do love fruit cakes! :D

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:58 am

My mother's family was really into ordering citrus fruit from some place down in Texas--Pittman & Davis, I think. I stopped getting it when my own kids started selling fruit for school band, but someday I'm going to go back to it. I think TX citrus fruit is every bit as good as FL's.[/quote]

Yay, Texas 8)