Are you ready for Christmas?

See the SantaClaus.com forums for Christmas and Santa chat.
http://www.SantaClaus.com/forums/
witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Are you ready for Christmas?

Post by witchy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:57 am

Murfreesboro wrote:Would you believe that I love my Christmas birthday? All my life, people have expected me to hate it, but I don't, never have. It is a beautiful time of year, everyone is ready for a party, and most people who know me well think of me and Christmas in the same breath. When I was little I kinda thought it was all for me! LOL Even after I knew better, I have always felt that it is a special, "chosen" time to be born. Love it.

It's tough that your brother's birthday is coming up so soon, and during the holiday season, too. I guess when Sam celebrates her Sweet 16, it will be bittersweet for you. (Or is it Court who is turning 16?)

Hi Murf,
It's Sam who is turning 16, and she can't wait!!
My brother's daughter who is 23 and it due to have a baby on her dads birthday too, I kinda hope the baby looks like him, and yes it's a boy!! (Him being my brother)
It's kinda crazy how many birthdays we have in Dec., we have about 7 total, and that is close family.

I have about 1\2 my Christmas bought, most online tho...

I think Paul & I are going out Wednesday for my Birthday, to Main Street, they are having a Christmas tradition, with Christmas Carolers, all kinds of Santa's, sleigh rides, ice skating rink, the whole works. Then we'll do lunch or dinner there, my husband is trying soo hard to make thing better, he's such a sweetheart!!

I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:49 pm

For Pumpkin:

Well, it's really very simple. Around here, the Salvation Army puts up the Angel trees in shopping malls, and they post a guard by the tree. You pick a tag off the tree, and it will tell you what the person is wishing for, probably also some general info, like gender & age, but no name. Everything is anonymous. You go off and shop for the gift, have it gift wrapped at the mall (sometimes there will be a free station for Angel gift wrapping), then bring it back to the tree with its tag attached. The guard will see that no one steals it until the Salvation Army reps can come gather the gifts for distribution later.

I haven't gone through the malls in several years, because our church always has an Angel tree in the narthex. This year I got a tag for a 13-yr-old girl who needs socks, and it has her size on it. I have bought her one pair of holiday socks (blue & white, so she can wear them in Jan), but I'll buy several more and maybe throw in something more personal, like a necklace or something. You don't have to do that, though, just give what the person asked for. There is a deadline for returning the gifts. I believe for us this year it is December 18. A group from our church will deliver them.

At Kroger, they also have Angel trees for food. I haven't done that, but I believe you take a tag off the tree and pay a set price, like $25, and then Kroger sees to it that that family has what they need for a holiday meal. In that case I believe you turn in the tag to the store when you pay for it.

Angel trees have become one of my favorite parts of Christmas. You can't come closer to being Santa Claus than when you buy an Angel gift.

Witchy, I hadn't seen your post when I started answering Pumpkin. It sounds like you have a wonderful, loving, close family! What a blessing! I hope you can enjoy your birthday, despite your recent grief.

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Pumpkin56 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:12 am

Thanks for the info Murf!

I hope you have a great birthday, Witchy :)