Halloween vs Christmas ?

See the SantaClaus.com forums for Christmas and Santa chat.
http://www.SantaClaus.com/forums/
Spookymufu
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Halloween vs Christmas ?

Post by Spookymufu » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:07 pm

neverwho?
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:14 am

Hey Nevermore--I saw a shirt online a while back that made me think of you. It had The Raven in it's entirety written in the same shape as your picture. I'll have to see if I can find the link again and I'll post it for you :)

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:33 pm

Feel free to just send me the shirt. :wink:

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:50 pm

Speaking of ravens, you'll never believe this, but I actualy saw one for sale in a pet store. No kidding! They actualy had a raven. It didn't talk, but it was there none the less, as black and as beautiful as ever. It reminded me of the raven that inhabited the clock in "The Munsters" house.

Mike

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:42 am

Although I love Halloween more, Christmas is definitely a close second for me. Like someone else said, Halloween kicks off the Holiday season. I like the transition of spooky eerieness to the warmth and friendly cheer.

Halloween is more fun where you get to watch scary movies, see the kids in costumes, dress up and it's also more simple.

Christmas sadly, has become a lot more commercialized throughout the years. It's all about buying presents. No sooner are people thankful for their turkey that they bust out the door to trample over people in stores the next day on Black Friday to get that perfect gift. Whatever happened to being greatful for what you have, and thankful that someone thought of you? Now when I was a kid, Christmas was my favorite holiday, but that has since changed as I got older.

But, I had to admit, while I'm sad to take down the Halloween decorations, the bright friendly Christmas ones do make up for it and I'm actually more sad to take the Christmas ones down after Christmas, and probably because it seems like a longer wait until the next holiday comes along, but Halloween and Christmas are the two big holidays I celebrate, as the other holidays, while fun, just aren't as exciting for me.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:38 pm

I agree Mau, Christmas is just a reason to go into debt for a lot of people.

I'm very lucky to have a family who is not into conspicuous consumption. We telephone and e-mail all the time, and most don't even bother to mail cards, Christmas or otherwise.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:26 pm

Christmas shouldn't be able getting into debt though. I honestly think it should be about getting together with loved ones. Even if you can't afford gifts, people really should be greatful someone thought of them.

But I still love Christmas anyway. I especially like driving by looking at people's decorations, and I really wish other people would put as much dedication to their Halloween decor as they do with Christmas. It's fun, and there's that excitement when you watch someone unwrap something you got for them. It also helps to have a bright and cheerful holiday to look forward to after Halloween.

But alas, Christmas still comes in second after Halloween. A very close second mind you, but still second.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:21 pm

My husband accuses me of loving Halloween more, but I actually do love Christmas even more than Halloween.

It doesn't have to be all about conspicuous consumption unless you let it be. For me Christmas is a season, and I am already celebrating it by lighting my advent wreath every evening and doing a quick devotion. I love Christmas music and Christmas lights. Also the foods & drinks. Presents are fun but are actually the least important aspect of the holiday for me, although I do love buying angel gifts.

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:08 pm

Halloween VS Christmas? Different sides of the same coin, imho.