My Christmas Display

See the SantaClaus.com forums for Christmas and Santa chat.
http://www.SantaClaus.com/forums/
Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: My Christmas Display

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:25 am

My house is not that old and was built in 2003. :?

I did not want an old house because I wanted to get house that was efficient.
我想念我的家

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:52 pm

To each his own, Chang. In fact, you are probably in the majority opinion. Many people want newer houses, My younger sister actualy had hers built from scratch, and a lot of people these days are opting to live in a condominium or a town home. You couldn't give me a condominium or a town home as a gift if I had to live there.

Mike

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:13 pm

I want a new-built house that looks like the Psycho mansion but with all new modern construction techniques.
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:50 am

We actually own a condo that once belonged to my MIL, who died in 2010. I could see living there in my older years, as she did, since she never had to worry about exterior upkeep. But the rules of the condo board can be irksome, and there are definitely pros and cons. Right now we are holding onto it so our middle son will have some place to live when he starts college next year. We are assuming he will attend the local university, as his academic record is not strong enough to bring him the scholarships his brother received.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:37 pm

That's very generous of you, Murf. As for living in a condo, my nephew use to live in one in arm pit New Lenox, until he finaly bought a house on the West side of Joliet. It's a really nice house, too. The condo nazies at the place where he use to live were down right rediculous with their rules. They wouldn't even let his little girl put a paper Santa Clause taped to the front room window. They said it was "unsightly." He was not allowed to own a barbeuce, not even a gass one. He was now allowed to keep his motorcycle in his garage, because they were parenoid about it bursting into flames. No different then a car, but that was their conveluded thinking. He was not allowed to use candles in his Halloween jack o'lanterns, and he was not allowed to put up a real Christmas tree. He had to go out and buy an artificial one.

They also yelled at his children for riding their bikes around on the sidewalk. IT was really just a whole lot of typical New Lenox milarky. Like I said, I would rather live at 83rd and Vincencs then in New Lenox Ill. I would also rather have an apendecitis then a condominium.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:53 pm

I wonder how they could dictate what kind of tree he put up inside the condo?

The one we own is ticky ticky about exterior stuff and can be a pain, but the interior is our business.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:01 am

Murf, they justify the ban on real Christmas trees because of the fire hazzard, and I suppose they do have a point, but they are so draconian about a lot of other things. For the most part, elderly couples live in that complex, and they tend to be a little less tolerant of children, so that also brought my nephew some grief as well. From what I understand, these condo associations are more or less elected, and the rules are supposedly voted on, but I don't see how so many people who live in a condo would vote away so many of their personal freedoms.

Anyway, I'm glad my nephew is out of that stinking condo, and out of that arm pit of a town. As you may have guessed, I NEVER liked New Lenox Ill very much.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:46 am

Oh, I know, condo boards can be like little dictatorships. The one at "our" complex is run by a bunch of church ladies. So prissy and fastidious, such notions about what "looks" appropriate. They are mostly retired, I think. I tell my husband they don't have enough to do.

Yeah, I've kinda gathered that New Lenox is not your favorite place, LOL.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:25 pm

For every reason some one can give me to live in a condo, I can give them about 100 why I wouldn't. At condos, it's pretty much 'majority rules.' So if the majority decide that everyone has to have a 2 year old car or newer, they can make it a rule. And if you think condos are bad, gated communities are like little Fascist states. A buddy of mine is not permitted to ride his motorcycle any where within his gated community. The neighbors claim it's too noisy. It's actualy a Honda Gold Wing, and is quiter then a lot of cars on the road, but because it's a motorcycle, it falls into a 'forbidden' catagory. So he has to check in at the gate, theh he has to WALK this 900 pound mathine about two blocks to his house, and it's a slightly UP HILL trek.

He sold the place and moved out. New Lenox on steroids.

On another note, I also love my stereo, and once in a while I like to crank it. IF I lived in a condo, the neighbors would beat me with 10,000 sheleighles.

Mike

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:31 pm

I agree with Mike that I like to live in a house for sure. I like yard space to spread out and do some moves when weather is good and also my neighborhood association is not that bad with rules.
我想念我的家

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:38 pm

I am glad we live in an older neighborhood that has no neighborhood association. That means I can have a clothes line in my backyard, which I love. Mostly I use my dryer, but sometimes that clothes line is priceless!

I also love having a yard, wouldn't want to live without one.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:39 pm

A choths line might be more labor intensive, but it's also a darn sight cheaper then using a dryer. I also have one in my yard, and some times when the weather is warm enough, I will use it. I jst have to be darn careful that I bring in the laundry when it's dry, and of course, I can't use my outside burning spot until I bring everything in. If I do that, then my laundry will have a smokey aroma.

Mike