My Christmas Display

See the SantaClaus.com forums for Christmas and Santa chat.
http://www.SantaClaus.com/forums/
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

My Christmas Display

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:21 pm

Hi Folks:

I promised on another thread that I would post a few photos of my Christmas lights and display after my Tree Trimming Party was over, so here thay are. Perhaps next October, I should post simular photos of my Halloween display.

I did shoot these at my lowest quality level, and had to reduce the file sizes even more in order to get them to load to the site, but I think You will all get the general idea.

Enjoy.

Mike
Here is a close-up of my favorite part of my house.  It also saves me some money on heating during those cold Winter months.  I know that Witchy also loves fire places, so I thought I would post a picture of mine.
Here is a close-up of my favorite part of my house. It also saves me some money on heating during those cold Winter months. I know that Witchy also loves fire places, so I thought I would post a picture of mine.
04 Fire Place Cu B.JPG (44.2 KiB) Viewed 22592 times
Here is a general overview of my living room.  As you can see, I do have a very traditional side to me when it comes to Christmas lights.
Here is a general overview of my living room. As you can see, I do have a very traditional side to me when it comes to Christmas lights.
07 Room Overview C.JPG (49.76 KiB) Viewed 22592 times
Here is a close-up of my favorite part of my house.  It also saves me some money on heating during those cold Winter months.  I know that Witchy also loves fire places, so I thought I would post a picture of mine.
Here is a close-up of my favorite part of my house. It also saves me some money on heating during those cold Winter months. I know that Witchy also loves fire places, so I thought I would post a picture of mine.
04 Fire Place Cu B.JPG (44.2 KiB) Viewed 22592 times
Here is a general overview of my living room.  As you can see, I do have a very traditional side to me when it comes to Christmas lights.
Here is a general overview of my living room. As you can see, I do have a very traditional side to me when it comes to Christmas lights.
07 Room Overview C.JPG (49.76 KiB) Viewed 22592 times
Attachments
Last but by no means least, here is my Christmas Tree.  There's that traditional side of me showing again.  Of course, the tree was trimmed by the little ones, so there are lots and lots of ornaments, but then again, that's what makes it a Christmas tree.  It's also real, not a fake.
Last but by no means least, here is my Christmas Tree. There's that traditional side of me showing again. Of course, the tree was trimmed by the little ones, so there are lots and lots of ornaments, but then again, that's what makes it a Christmas tree. It's also real, not a fake.
12 Christmas Tree D.JPG (69.09 KiB) Viewed 22592 times

iHaunt
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: My Christmas Display

Post by iHaunt » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:20 pm

They're very cool, Mike :D Looks pretty! 8)

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:41 am

Thanks for sharing, Mike! You've always said you live in an old house (like, a hundred years old), so I had always imagined a Victorian-style living room. But that one looks rather modern. I love the fireplace! Wish I had one.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:21 pm

The house is 100 years old, but there have been a few modernizations over the years. That drdop ceiling and panaling was put in around the mid 70s or so. I actualy like the drop ceiling because it gives me a place to run cables, but the upstairs bedrooms are pretty true to the victorian period, as the exterior of the house. Also, a room was added on in the mid 60s. My diningroom use to be the kitchen, then a bigger kitchen was added in the 60s, and I remodeled the kitchen about 3 years ago. Also, the bathroom use to be the pantry, because this house was originaly without indoor plumbing, and electricity. It was heated by a coal fired furnace.

So yes, it has been modernized, and as much as I love the oldness of it, the drop ceiling does afford me the convenience of being able to run my cables. But I did poke my head above those tiles once, and there is a true victorian style ceiling and walls there.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:17 am

Your house is 1911, Mike? Right?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:28 pm

Nope. The house was built in 1910. IT's 101 years old.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:57 am

Wow! That's very, very old house! I love oldest house! :D My grandpa's house is 61 years old! It was built in 1950, it wasn't a house... it was a very small old church house. In 1955, the church house was closed then the carpenters built it to a big house. Interesting? :D Right now, we are living here... funny, my grandpa told me he has seen a ghost - but hard to see... sometimes they make some noise.

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:58 am

So, Mike... Whose house where you live in before? Your family? Or, did you buy it?

Pumpkin_Man wrote: Nope. The house was built in 1910. IT's 101 years old.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:41 am

iHaunt, what do you mean by "church house"? Do you mean that it was a building connected to a church, or that it was a church? Or was it the home of a minister?

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:09 pm

It was built in 1950, the first church house till 1955 then it was closed and my grandpa bought that church house.... it isn't the churchhouse anymore. We still live here! :D

Murfreesboro wrote:iHaunt, what do you mean by "church house"? Do you mean that it was a building connected to a church, or that it was a church? Or was it the home of a minister?

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:59 pm

So was it actually the church? The sanctuary? Or some building associated with the church, like a fellowship hall or office?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:59 pm

iHaunt, I never lived in a "Church house." I lived with my parents until the Summer of 1986. After that I lived in a series of rental properties and one disgusting hubble in Engles Park, Joliet, and then I moved to the house I live in now.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:31 am

My grandpa doesn't know. I was not born back in 1950. I was born in 1975. He told me it was built a church house in 1950 then it was closed and sold. Till 1955 my grandpa bought this house in 1955 until NOW! :)

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:22 pm

Mike your house looks wonderful and very festive!!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:20 pm

Thanks, Witchy. I knew you would like the fire place.

Mike