How old were you when you know Santa was a scam!

See the SantaClaus.com forums for Christmas and Santa chat.
http://www.SantaClaus.com/forums/
Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

How old were you when you know Santa was a scam!

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:38 am

As a child grow up in Laos my family did not celebrate Christmas because we weer Buddhist. I move to America when I was 15 and my family does convert to Chritianity then so we started doing Christmas but never Santa. :?
我想念我的家

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Re: How old were you when you know Santa was a scam!

Post by Pumpkin56 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:52 am

I can't remember if it was when I was 5 or 6 that I discovered that Santa was not real. But it was at Easter when I made the discovery. My family and I were visiting the grandparents for the weekend and something happened where my dad made me really mad and upset. So I went and hid in the car by myself because I think that was the only place I could be alone. While I was in there, I noticed a few big bags in the back. I took a look in them and found a few toys and quite a bit of Easter candy along with Easter grass. I didn't really think much of it until Easter morning when all of these things were in mine and my siblings Easter baskets. It was pretty crushing to realize that my mom and dad were the Easter bunny. Naturally, at that point, I figured that they were Santa as well.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:39 pm

HUH?!?

Santa's not real?!

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:20 pm

我想念我的家

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:43 pm

I more or less figured it out when I was about 8. It was during the Summer months. My buddies and I were trying to figure out how Santa was able to fit down our chimney. To boot, I was one of only two people who had a fire place in the living room. The chimney was only about a foot square so there was no way this obease man with a huge sack of toys was going to fit through that. The real kicker, however, was my younger sister had lost a tooth, and had placed it under her pillow in anticipation of the arival of the Tooth Fairy. That night, I heard my mom enter the room. She didn't know I was awake, and I was curious as to what she was going to do si I pretended to be asleep. She didn't see me peaking. I saw her remove the tooth out from under my sisters pillow and replace it with a quarter. (that ust to buy quite a bit back in the Summer of 68)

Mom's the tooth fairy, I thought to myself. Then I remembered that conversation with my buddies aobut Santa Clause, and I couldn't wait until the next day to tell them what I saw. We all gethered in my club house, and I told them about the Tooth Fairy, and it was logical to assume, that if Mom was the tooth fairy, she was also Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny.

We all vowed to keep our mouths shut to our younger siblings, though. I even had fun playing "elf" during that Christmas season.

I did, however, decided to go on a "fishing" expadition with my mother about it, though. I told her that I "knew" about Santa and the Easter Bunny, and she confirmed it as she felt I was finaly old enough. She sort of hoped that the "myth" would last until after Christmas, but that's the way things went. I did not tell her, however, about seeing her playing "tooth fairy" with my younger sister.

Mike

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Rising Dead Man » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:30 pm

Someone told me at I think nine. Christmas was never the same without a fat guy breaking into my house.
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:22 am

Rising Dead Man wrote:Someone told me at I think nine. Christmas was never the same without a fat guy breaking into my house.
:lol:

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:15 am

So I see at the Christmas store they have a black-skinned Santa Claus. Do the black-skinned people believe in a black Santa Claus? :oops:
我想念我的家

Boogeyman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Boogeyman » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:04 pm

Did you really just post that? I am beginning to see why some have you on ignore...
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:22 pm

Boogeyman wrote:Did you really just post that? I am beginning to see why some have you on ignore...
I don't understand you. :?

Do you know any about black skin Santa Claus?
我想念我的家

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:36 pm

Chang, no offence, but that's just not a good thing to talk about. Let's say that children tend to believe, or want to believe that Santa Clause is of their own race or nationality, and let's just leave it at that., because this line of talk is making me unfomfortable.

To get bacl to the topic. I'll never forget the look on my older sisters face when I told her that Mom and Dad were Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. She panicked, because she didn't know that my parents knew that I knew the "myth." The funny things, I knew enough to keep my mouth shut about it to my younger sister, and so did my friends when I told them all about the tooth fairy.

Mike

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:20 am

Well I am Asian Santa Claus so no worry. :lol:

I will clean house today and make scavenger hunt for oldest boy.
我想念我的家

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:15 pm

I can't remember exactly when I stopped believing. I think I was about 8 or 9 when I learned the truth. I'm thinking it was when I was about 8 when I found out Santa wasn't real, because I think it was the winter before my parents divorced. I think my mom might've still tried to convince me Santa was real, but by then I already knew he wasn't. I also discovered the tooth fairy wasn't real because I found envelopes with my old baby teeth in them.

As for the Easter Bunny, I probably figured if Santa and the Tooth fairy weren't real, the Easter Bunny wasn't either.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:51 am

I think I was about 8 when I figured it out, but I pretended for a couple of years beyond that. However, Santa is real, if you consider that he is a saint, St. Nicholas, of the ancient Christian faith. At some level I still believe in him.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:05 am

Santa's not real!?! Waaaaaaah!!!!!