Creepmas

See the SantaClaus.com forums for Christmas and Santa chat.
http://www.SantaClaus.com/forums/
NeverMore
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Creepmas

Post by NeverMore » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:18 am

I like it! Let put that certain holiday back where it belongs. There should be a law that advertising and stocked shelves and holly jolly people should not be allowed til the day after Thanksgiving. Join the revolution folks!

http://creepmas.blogspot.com/p/what-is-creepmas.html

"CREEPMAS is for those Halloween lovers and Monster Kids who want to say "enough is enough" - if they're going to put their Christmas into our Halloween, then let's put our Halloween into their Christmas!"

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Creepmas

Post by Rising Dead Man » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:58 pm

I'll see what I can do.
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:43 pm

I quite agree, that when they start pushing Christmas down our throats, and you wal into a store in EARLY October to buy Halloween decorations, and they have umteen versions of "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" eminating from the Muzak system, and only 1 shelf of Halloween merch and half a dozen of Christmas,it is pretty reciculous. I've seen Christmas trees and all kinds of Yuletide decorations in store windowa as early as the 2nd of July. They call it a "holiday clearance sale," but you never see any Thanksgiving, Easter, 4th of July or Halloween. All they have is Christmas. It's not only rediculous, when it's 98 degrees in the shade and you're looking at Frosty the Snow Man, but it DETRACTS from the joy of the Christmas Holiday itself.

My nieces and grand nieces all give me a hard time, becasue I'm such a stickler for tradition. The little ones allways ask me to put on "The Grinch that Stole Christmas" at my St. Patrick's Day party, and I allways say "No." I do play an Easter movie for them, though. But the Creepmas people have a great point, and while the fact that I am a stickler for tradition and every holiday in it's place, I am probably not going to do anything like put a Halloween decoration on my Christmas tree or put out a picture of Santa Clause with a bloody axe in his hand, but I definately get and agree with the point. Next year, however (2013) December 13th fals on a Friday, and I do plan to have my "Little Halloween" movie watching festival and jack o'lantern, though.

But I am going to enjoy my Christmas traditions IN DECEMBER, not July or August, or October or March.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:46 am

Isn't December 13 St. Lucy's day? I believe they have a Scandinavian tradition that day, where a young girl (adolescent) wears a crown of candles and serves her parents coffee in bed.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:53 am

Sounds like an interesting tradition. Well, as long as she isn't sacroficed or something like that. I was checking my Outlook calenders, and in 2013, Dec 13 is on a Friday.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:25 am

I believe the original St. Lucy was indeed martyred at a young age, but the young girls who memorialize her are safe.