An Excellent Haunt Review

Announce Halloween and related events, conventions, gatherings here. And let people know if you are going to be there.
dangerrunguy
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

An Excellent Haunt Review

Post by dangerrunguy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:48 pm

I just wanted to show you all what one of our customers thought of our event last year. I came across this just doing a random search and I have asked the author if I could show it off. With her permission, I'd like you all to take a look at what she wrote.

"Danger Run was a success! We had so much fun and for a change we actually finished the Run with TEN minutes to spare. (1:50 a.m.) As for the contest, I felt our mileage was good, but our "count" of stops was probably off. Regardless of winning or losing, we had the best time. The final haunt was in the middle of NOWHERE. We arrived in Louisville to our starting gate at 9:50 and we started on our journey at 10:15. We took our time, stopping periodically to read ahead, not that it always helps or makes sense. Here's an example of one of the clues:

"A Liar would tell you that a liar would say:
' At the spear with two heads, right isn't the way?'
You must think just a little
In solving this riddle.
Or you'll make the wrong choice, and with mileage you'll pay. "

What way would you go?

Matt was the driver and he does a wonderful job at remaining calm considering how stressful it is to make last second changes in an area you are completely unfamiliar with. (We only had one "Oh, <deleted>!" moment.) When I'm not rushed, I love being lost. For me, it's a lovely feeling, ripe with possibility and an accompanying sense of "smallness". Not being the driver, I can afford that luxury. Finally, I figured out the reason I love Danger Run. As you read the clues, your brain can MAKE the clues fit what you're seeing. You can drive along for quite a distance before you realize you've substituted your reality for the actual designated path. Until you see something unequivocal that tells you that you are correct, it's a guessing game. During one particularly challenging section, we had made several turns, followed a half-dozen clues and gone several miles. As we approached what would be our next turn, I said, "If this is Dreibel, we made the right choices." Sure enough, it WAS. It was like we won the lottery. We screamed with the delight of our accomplishment! That feeling is euphoric and addictive."

You can find this on her website at http://my-pathos.livejournal.com/ about midway down the page. Anyway, it was one of the best descriptions of the run we had ever read...a HUGE thanks goes out to her!

Don't forget to get all the details on this year's run at
http://www.dangerrun.com

Alan Wake
Haunt Master

Re: An Excellent Haunt Review

Post by Alan Wake » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:50 pm

The color!

IT BURNS!!!!!!!! :o

"But nightmares exist outside of logic, and there's little fun to be had in explanations; they're antithetical to the poetry of fear." - Stephen King

Hallow's Queen
Haunt Master

Re: An Excellent Haunt Review

Post by Hallow's Queen » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:33 pm

would u turn left?
H a l l o w ' s Q u e e n

Image Image