Deep-fry oil
10%
Others
30%

Total votes: 10

Haunt Master

Cooking turkey?

Post by Haunt Master » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:25 pm

Well, for me, I love to bake my turkey in the oven for 3 and half hours to 4 hours. I also love smoked turkey. :D

Spo, what about you??

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: Cooking turkey?

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:39 pm

I was the one who checked "Other," because I plan to barbecue my turkey slowly, not grill it right over the flame. It's my turn to host Thankdgiving at my house this year, so this year my brothers and sisters, etc will be treated to a stuffed turkey barbecued over an 8 hour period.

Mike

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Rising Dead Man » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:51 pm

I'm hungry!
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:14 pm

So am I. This will probably be the last Thanksgiving I'll be able to "pig out" like I use to, because I am having bariatric surgery next April or May, and after they finish my stomach will be no larger then an orange. I'll probably be able to get down a table spoon full of stuffing and two slices of white meat next Thanksgiving.

But the bright side is that I will also lose a lot of weight, and no longer be a diabetic or have sleep apnia. I already lost almost 20 pounds just preparing myself for the surgery.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:09 pm

Ok, take care yourself and your wife too, PM! God and our thoughts may be with you! :)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:47 pm

I'm not married.

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:51 pm

I'm so sorry... please forgive me... are you single? Or, do you just have a girlfriend?

Pumpkin_Man wrote:I'm not married.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:58 pm

I never married. I had a few girlfriends in my time, but right now I'm single and happy. Diabetes has sort of put a cramp in my style more or less so if I do meed "Miss Right," it will have to be after I have my surgery and lose the weight.

But there's no need to be sorry in any case, because most guys my age are married, have grown children and grand children by now.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:07 pm

Oh, I see... sorry to hear about that situation, but happy to have children to be around you. ;)

Well, I do have girlfriend - but no kids. :? We don't want to work too much with our kids if we do have... but we are very happy to do babysit others' kids. ;)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:14 pm

For the record, I don't have any children of my own, either. I do have grand nieces and nephews who will be brightening up my home during my tree trimming party.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:26 pm

Me too. I have one nephew, and I'm so proud to be an uncle. :D Well, it's nice to make family together! ;)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:31 pm

I can't wait to see the little ones at my party. I even planned for a visit from the elf to take place.

Mike

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Rising Dead Man » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:16 pm

Pumpkin_Man wrote:I'm not married.
LOL you just assumed he was married! :lol:

I did not know they had a cure for diabeties!
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:28 pm

When I talked to RDM about some horror movies are coming on Thanksgiving Day... He told me it sounds like probably the one's going to be called "Night of the Living Dead Turkeys!" :lol:

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:11 pm

There is no cure for diabetes, Rising Dead Man, but the doctor told me that if I were to lose 187 pounds, I very could be rid of my diabetes all together. I have typ 2 diabetes which is caused primarily by obeasity. Type 1, or juvnile diabetes has no cure at all, and you can be as skinny as a rail and still have to take insulin to control your blood sugar levels.

HauntMaster, are these DVD realeases that are slated to be released on Thanksgiving, or are these tv screanings for Thanksgiving? I'm hoping you're talking about DVDs, because come Thanksgiving, the little ones are going to want to watch some of my Christmas cartoon specials.

Mike