Now that Halloween is over...

Thanksgiving talk at Thanksgiving.info
MauEvig
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Now that Halloween is over...

Post by MauEvig » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:36 pm

It's time to think about Thanksgiving, the holiday that celebrates dead turkeys. lol.

On a serious note, they told all of us at work that we have to all work that entire week of Thanksgiving. So me and my boyfriend plan to celebrate early on a weekend that I have off since I never know exactly if/when I'll get a weekend off, even though it's rotated.

Does anyone have any Thanksgiving Traditions besides the food? I think some people discuss what they are thankful for and such.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Boogeyman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Now that Halloween is over...

Post by Boogeyman » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

To some, there is another big day that comes first. The first day of rifle deer season. It also happens to be my birthday. And it is the 15th.

The company I used to work for had monthly deadlines to meet since we were in medical billing. It was quite common for them to have us work mandatory overtime the week of a holiday because it isn't overtime pay until you actually work 40 hours that week. Closing December was always the most difficult for several reasons. The office is closed for two days for Christmas and one for New Year's Day. And many people were often taking their remaining vacation time in December also. All that lost production has to be made up somehow.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:13 am

I have lots of traditions surrounding what I serve for Thanksgiving dinner, but not so many about the weekend. Since we are an academic family, we usually get several days off. I don't really enjoy Christmas shopping when I have to fight the crowds, but I often attempt to get my decorations up inside & outside that weekend. Since everyone is home for a bit, we often go out to a movie as a family, maybe on Friday.

For some reason my annual physical seems to have been set on Thanksgiving week for the last two or three years. That is one tradition I kind of wish I could change. Maybe it is just easier to get the appointments at that time, since obviously not very many people would want them then.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:04 am

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:44 am

Good one, Nevermore.
All you that doth my grave pass by,