Halloween Mucis on Vinyl

Talk about television shows, movies, music and more!
Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Halloween Mucis on Vinyl

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:26 pm

Don't get ne wrong. I do prefer vinyl, but CD is a very strong 2nd choice. I actually have a few HDCDs that I also love, and I have a Teac CD recorder for making compilations that I listen to in my car. Vinyl is making a major come back, but I don't think CDs are going away any time soon. After all, a disc is something that people can collect where as down-loads might be convenient, but you don't have all the collectability you get with vinyl records or CDs. Also, if your computer contracts a virus or your hard drive crashes for any reason, your entire music collection is hosed.

So if I can't get it in vinyl, I will definitely order or purchase it on CD.

As for Allison Kraus, I heard of that artist, but am not overly familiar with her music. I will have to check it out on line. Believe it or not, I have vinyl records of Lady Gaga, Pink, The Verve and Panic at the Disco. Two of my Pink records are on color vinyl, too. It's likely that quite a few more modern artists are noticing the trend back to vinyl. The only thing is that most of today's music is mastered on digital instead of analogue tape decks. those records do sound great, though.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:59 am

Alison Krauss and T-Bone Burnett were also involved with the Cold Mountsin soundtrack, as were Sting and Jack White. I love that one, too.

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:24 pm

Alison Krauss is the female lead singer for Union Station, the group on the O Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack.

Here is one of my favorite tracks from Live,

Forget About It https://www.google.com/search?kgmid=/m/ ... /x/kp/osrp

They also perform a great version of I Am A Man of Constant Sorrow.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:16 pm

I have two versions of "I am a Man of Constant Sorrows" on that picture record I have. I really would like to see that film after listening to the record.

Mike