The Big Book of Halloween

What crafts are fun for the holiday season?
sueluvshalloween
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

The Big Book of Halloween

Post by sueluvshalloween » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:18 am

This is a great Halloween source book, which contains crafting and decorating ideas, recipes, stories, and interesting facts. It was originally published in 1998, by Lark Books, author Laura Dover Doran. You can find this book on Amazon.com, and can even browse through it while you're on that site. If you go to pages 40 and 41, there's a project called "Spooky Spoon Centerpiece," which is has been one of my favorite decorations of all time. I think it's been 10 years since I've made it, and I had a lot of fun making it. It's really cool -- you cut a medium-sized pumpkin in half, clean it all out, fill it with a block of polystyrene, and take some twigs and vines and stick them into the block. Then you place Spanish moss and/or leaves around the base of the arrangement. You then take about 15 spoons, which you've already painted them orange with green tips and faces to look like little jack-o-lanterns, bend back the handles, and hang them from your branches with thin black ribbon. It's the coolest thing! The first year I made it, I used a real pumpkin. But that rots and you have to make it again the next year. I found this really neat wood-looking pumpkin candy holder/bowl at Cracker Barrel that I used to make this permanent. Also, I painted my sticks black and then highlighted them with silver. Another thing I added was a string of lights where every other light is clear and orange. You can use this as a tabletop centerpiece or anywhere else in your home.

adrian
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: The Big Book of Halloween

Post by adrian » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:59 pm

thanx for the info :) i love amazon hahaha
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: The Big Book of Halloween

Post by witchy » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:02 pm

I will check it out, I love amizon. Witchy