Halloween Scavengar Hunt Party

Are you having a Halloween Party? Discuss ideas here!
lnl97
Ghost

Halloween Scavengar Hunt Party

Post by lnl97 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:54 pm

Hello all,

My daughter always has a Halloween party this year she decided to do a scavengar hunt. I am having trouble thinking of clues for some of the items they will be searching for. My daughter is 11 years old so her friends will be between 11 and 12 years of age. If can help give me ideas for a eyeball, rat and a black halo that would be great.

Here are a few examples that I have for other items: Wet strings, scooped out, walls scraped dry and white. Answer: Pumpkin. Another example I have is: I'm Melting, Melting, Melting. Answer: Witch.

If you can help me that would be great.

Thanks

hemlockway
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Halloween Scavengar Hunt Party

Post by hemlockway » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:43 pm

I am also having a scavenger hunt at my party which the kids are around the same age group. Instead of clues, I will divide the kids in teams and each team will have a list of items to find. Many of these items will be decorations. Some will be jars of certain kinds of candy which inturn will be usind as prizes at the end of the party. Some examples will be a black rat, (the plastic kind), A big purple spider, A jar of black and orange candy, A tombstone of Ben Ther, Ect. Each team has a diffrent list and I make a duplicate to check off what they bring back .Everything is in my yard or certain rooms of my house. The team to finish first gets to choose prizes from a gift table first and then the next team,ect. I try to have enough prizes so everyone gets to choose something.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:23 am

I was only on one Halloween Scavenger Hunt ever in my life. I was about 10 years old. It was not actualy Halloween, but a friend's "Halloween" themed birthday party. We had to actualy knock on doors, and I made the mistake of knocking on the door of a guy who HATES being disturbed. He and his wife both stood there and yelled and cussed at me for about 20 minutes. Needless to say, I lost that scavenger hunt.

Mike

shopcomparecostumes
Ghost

Post by shopcomparecostumes » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:34 pm

Wow. That's really scary. Lolz. Why didnt you just run away though..
I get my Cool costumes at my favorite store. Only in ShopCompareCostumes.com!
The Best Cheap Costumes! Costumes and Accessories all you want! Jump Here

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:01 pm

The reason why I didn't run away is because he was a grown-up and I was a kid, and back in those days, kids just did not diss grown-ups. If we did, we got punished. But I sure never rang that door bell again.

Mike

shanda
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by shanda » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:46 pm

Are you going to have the items hidden? Do you want clues to the item or its hiding place? Or Both? You could hide eyeballs in the freezer and make a hint like

"Eye scream , you scream , we see ice-cream."

It is silly, but 12 year old girls will giggle at it.

You could also make hint pictures. Take a photo of the item in its location up real close. Make them try to figure out where it could be.
I am the shadow on the moon at night
Filling your dreams to the brim with fright,
Oggie Boogie

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:16 pm

This post is neigh a year old. I don't think we need to worry about scavenger clues anymore... *wink*

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:13 am

that sound like a lot of fun :) i would like to plan an adult scavanger through out my neighbor hood some time
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:14 pm

Scavenger hunts can be fun for some people. Me personaly, I'm just not too fond fo knocking on doors unannounced.

In 1990 I took a part time job with the Census Beauro as an Enumerator. I had to go door to door to people who did not want to answer any questions, and some of the questions on the long form were very personal, and I felt like I was intruding. I did that job for about 2 weeks, and then I quit.

Mike

Morticia
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Morticia » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:34 pm

The only one I ever went on was a door to door too. We got a list of simple things, like hairpins, paperclips and things like that. It was fun.
Be afraid....be very afraid!

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:13 pm

Have you guys ever done an online scavenger hunt? On this board? I mentioned the idea in the 'Count to 666' thread.

Somebody says find a picture or video with, say... Dracula dancing (or whatever) and the first person to find it gets to choose the next thing to find. Or someone comes up with a whole list of things to find and whoever gets em first wins a...? Picture of a trophy? An attaboy?

Got to keep it realistic... you'll probably never find a picture of a black cat riding an orange and black Harley. Might be a good idea for the game master to find an actual picture, video, sound file, ect of their subject before they tell us what to look for. Just to make sure it exists.

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:34 pm

I tend to be easily frustrated when I'm searching for something, so I tend to shy away from scavenger hunts.

Mike

wendythewitch
Crypt Keeper

Post by wendythewitch » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:08 am

i see that this thread was started over a year ago, but i think its a great idea. ive never done one of these so if anyone has any ideas for one i would appreciate it. our party is for adults.

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:14 am

its official :) we're doing a scavenger hunt with the family this year in our neighborhood :) we're looking for black roses, certain cadies, pictures of family costumes, an old broom, ect.

AMPED!!
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

wendythewitch
Crypt Keeper

Post by wendythewitch » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:31 am

wow, those are great ideas. im not too creative when it comes to making clues tho, any ideas?