Halloween 2009

Are you having a Halloween Party? Discuss ideas here!
marti371
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

Halloween 2009

Post by marti371 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:53 pm

I am in the planning stages for this year. I'm looking for ideas or suggestions. Espcially with it being on a Saturday this year.
Any thoughts? :mrgreen:

Samhain
Master Reaper

Re: Halloween 2009

Post by Samhain » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:44 pm

We've toned it down a bit in recent years, but this season we're having a blow out. Nobody has to get up early the next morning, after all. I'm hoping to get close to thirty people. We'll hire babysitters to take care of the kids while the rest of us adults get drunk, watch scary movies, and wish we were young again.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN...

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:32 pm

Samhain wrote:We've toned it down a bit in recent years, but this season we're having a blow out. Nobody has to get up early the next morning, after all. I'm hoping to get close to thirty people. We'll hire babysitters to take care of the kids while the rest of us adults get drunk, watch scary movies, and wish we were young again.
You're only as old as you think you are, and your spirit is ageless.

But all of you can still get hangovers :P
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Samhain
Master Reaper

Post by Samhain » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:13 pm

Andybev01 wrote:
Samhain wrote:We've toned it down a bit in recent years, but this season we're having a blow out. Nobody has to get up early the next morning, after all. I'm hoping to get close to thirty people. We'll hire babysitters to take care of the kids while the rest of us adults get drunk, watch scary movies, and wish we were young again.
You're only as old as you think you are, and your spirit is ageless.

But all of you can still get hangovers :P
I'm only 40, but some people think that's over the hill.
When it comes to hangovers, getting older does take its toll, but your ability to get a hangover remains. In fact, that's the one thing that comes easier with age...
Last edited by Samhain on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN...

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:22 pm

I won't be able to plan much until it gets closer to October unfortunately.
Unless I lose my job by then, then I won't have to worry about it. :lol:
I get Sundays off guarenteed though, so if worse comes to worse I'll just celebrate that following Sunday.
We get to wear costumes at work though, and I already planned on decorating the lobby at my college. :lol:
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:37 pm

Usually you pick a theme first. What sort of things are you interested in? Do you have decorations/ideas you want to work around? Things you'll want to consider are the ages of people you're inviting, location, time (which dictates refreshments)... your theme should be something fun for everyone and fit in your location.

I'm afraid, I'm not going to offer theme suggestions because it's your party. Once you choose a theme, I'd be more than happy to help you with ideas.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:18 am

I'm going to be 49 this July, and I plan to do exactly the same thing. I am going to have plenty of scary movies on hand, carve a bunch of Jack O'Lanterns, and if I can swing it, some yard decorations to greet the ToTers. Additionaly, I plan to go to at least two haunted attractions during the month of October, and weather permitting ride my motorcycle to them, and as part of my Halloween tradition, go for my midnight ride on Halloween night.

Finaly, I do plan to "Trick or Treat" myself to SOMETHING this October no later then the day before Halloween. Maybe it will be a car, maybe it will be a new motorcycle, or most likely a new video camera. But I am going to treat myself to somethign.

Mike

arnolfo
Ghost

Post by arnolfo » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:28 pm

Take a wander through my site. I've been hosting horroween gatherings for years and you may see something that you could for your ghosting.

Make sure to create a halloween environment. Creepy, old, dusty. Use candle lighting or dim lights. Set the tone with music by Nox Arcana for the first hour or so. Follow up with whatever your crowd likes-with a few creepy tunes mixed in. And if you can, a bon fire outside is a must.

http://www.horroween333.com/

happy hauntings!

vSmith55
Ghost

Post by vSmith55 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:22 am

Halloween is fun for all ages =P If you're old enough you must throw alcohol in the mix. There are tons of cheap ideas out there! I'd check out this site too http://halloweendecoratingideas.net/ - hope that helps =)