Any ideas for 'creepy room'?

Are you having a Halloween Party? Discuss ideas here!
Dalia
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 10992

Any ideas for 'creepy room'?

Post by Dalia » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:28 am

On halloween i always do a creepy room. Something like hanted house. But this time i have no ideas. Maybe you have some?? In my country there's halloween is not existing, but i don't care. There is nothing to buy also. So i need ideas only for handmade things. And something creepy, to make my guests screaming ;D

adrian
Halloween Master

Re: Any ideas for 'creepy room'?

Post by adrian » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:58 am

try and look into nature for something creepy :) that's what we've begun doing.. we've moved large limbs on to the side of our house, posted them into the ground to make them look like small trees, put out all of our jack o lanterns in between them :) now it looks like a creepy jack o lantern forest :)
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

sueluvshalloween
Haunt Master

Post by sueluvshalloween » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:49 am

My formal living room is the one room in my house with the creepiest feeling, compared to the other rooms, which are still pretty decorated up. This room has a fireplace, with a white mantle and surround, and dark-green marble tile. There's a black framed mirror which sits on the mantle all year long, but I change out the accessories. I call this room my black, white and green room (because of the marble, mirror and the fact that the room is painted sage green), so during Halloween, I really play up on that theme. Flanking each side of the mirror are two black three-candle candelabras with white candles. In the space between the candelabra and mirror sit a gargoyle on each side. In front of the mirror are three white miniature pumpkins. On the floor in front of the fireplace on the left side I've arranged three white pumpkins of various sizes and shapes. On the right side is a straw witch's broom that I spray-painted black. There's a string of green Halloween lights on the mantle, which drape down the sides. In front of the mantel is a bat garland with purple lights. The couch, chair and accent table are covered in white sheets, which look great with the ends draping along the hardwood floor. On the one table sits a pile of old books with a skull on top, along with a couple of other random accessories. A few years ago, I made all these bat silhouettes of three different sizes cut out of poster board that I got out of a Martha Stewart Halloween magazine. The back wall, wich is the wall that hits your eye first, has all the bats stuck to the wall in a random order, so they appear as if they're all coming out from behind the chair. I have a few more scattered on the other two walls. There's a string of black lights hanging in the window, a large scary bat hanging from the ceiling where there's supposed to be a light fixture. The final touch is a web draped across the entire room.

Dalia
Ghost

Post by Dalia » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:10 am

I'm doing it in cellar. Hmm. Last year my guests had to stick their hands to the jar full of spiders and remove a paper, write something, and when they are writing somebody are gripting on their legs.... And etc.... I don't need tips for decorating, i need tips for that stuff. By the way, sorry for my english...
I'm 14 year old.

sheenahellen
Zombie

Post by sheenahellen » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:57 am

Simplest Answer: Dim Lights. :)

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:30 am

I agree with Adrian. If you cannot buy anything, look to nature and work with what you do have. The tree limbs and pumpkins (assuming you have access to them) are a great idea. If you chose to use that idea, you could make your creepy room like a haunted forest with also a witch theme. You can use different size jars for "potion bottles" and all kinds of 'witchy' things. You could fill a jar with dead leaves and small twigs and things of that nature and then put a spooky label on it, like 'ground bat wings' :) Here's a link where you can print some free potion labels:

http://freeprintablefun.org/2008/09/fre ... ottle.html

Also, if you're interested, here's a link that shows you how to make your own book of spells:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... tgfW59WHDg

Whatever you choose to do doesn't necessarily have to be complicated to be spooky. Just have fun with it :)

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:12 pm

I forgot to add this link which is awesome. This shows you how to 'can' your own monsters. It would go well with the witch motiff, I think, or some kind of demented laboratory setup :)

http://imakeprojects.com/Projects/halloween-jars/