Half Way to Halloween Party

Are you having a Halloween Party? Discuss ideas here!
jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Half Way to Halloween Party

Post by jadewik » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:43 am

I just heard about this idea this year-- a little late to throw my own-- and I wanted to share the love.

Last year, after having my in-laws commandeer my house for a party on Halloween evening after I had canceled due to recession and funding issues so I could focus on the passing out candy aspect of Halloween... I decided I would never, ever host a party on Halloween evening. Never. Ever. It was too much trying to keep tabs on everything and pass out candy.

So... I'm thinking about doing Halloween old-school with the garage haunt (assuming my husband allows me to do this again-- he is still pretty upset about the kids who came to our house 7-times-- I'm still upset too, but I love doing the garage haunt...) With Halloween on Sunday this year, we're thinking about just answering the door a billion times. I really want to pull out the gurney from 2 Halloweens ago and pull candy from the chest of my wire-frame corpse.... since I only got 5 ToTers that year.

Anyway... to the point.

Because it is too much work to do a party AND Halloween night; after hearing about half way to Halloween parties, I think I'll just have a Halloween party in late April or in May. It sounds easier. Plus, it'll be a good way to keep the Halloween spirit alive in those spring months that kinda drag on and on.

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Half Way to Halloween Party

Post by witchy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:55 am

That sounds like a wonderful idea!! :D

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:04 pm

I like the idea, but around here May can get pretty warm. One of the reasons I'm glad Halloween is in October is that it's a whole lot easier to wear a costume when the weather is cool and nippy. It's also hard to find enough people who like Halloween enough (and live close enough... y'all are spread all over the country and even across the pond!) to come to a costume party in May. What about a Halloweenmonthday party on October 1st? Or a Half-Halloweenmonth party on the 15th?

Don't get me wrong... I'd love to have a Halloween party six months away from Halloween. I'm just worried that I'd end up sittin' in a room, all dressed up, surrounded by bowls of chips and severed fingers, with no one else to help me drink all the beer. :(

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:45 pm

MacPhantom wrote:I'm just worried that I'd end up sittin' in a room, all dressed up, surrounded by bowls of chips and severed fingers, with no one else to help me drink all the beer. :(
that actually doesnt sound all that bad
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:53 pm

Halloween isn't allways about wearing a costume, all though that is as much a part of Halloween as presents are to Christmas. In April or May, however, you don't really need a costume.

Mike

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:18 pm

WHAT!!!! You most definitely do need a costume, thats the best part besides drinking!! :wink: :lol:

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:40 am

Any reason to get dressed up and play Halloween works for me!
When do we start?! :D
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, and I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep."

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:56 pm

Well, if your heart's set on a costume party, then so be it. My costume usualy consists of a pair of vampire fangs, but this year, I just might be able to find a costume in my size.

Mike

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:03 pm

I agree with spooky, chips and beer doesn't sound that bad, mate.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:06 pm

I suppose I failed to account for the weather because here in Arizona it's still in the 90's, temperature-wise, around October... in May this year it was closer to the 70's and 80's.

... besides, people here are willing to party whatever the reason.

I think it'd be fun to do an "Un-Halloween" party and go with an Alice-in-Wonderland theme. Mix your own beverage... have tea and crumpets. I'd be a jolly good time.... and if there's only 1-2 people, it wouldn't matter because for this sort of party, you'd have to be mad as a hatter! Muahahaha!

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:39 pm

Whenever I hear 'alice' I think 'Jefferson Airplane '.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:57 pm

jadewik wrote:I suppose I failed to account for the weather because here in Arizona it's still in the 90's, temperature-wise, around October... in May this year it was closer to the 70's and 80's.

... besides, people here are willing to party whatever the reason.

I think it'd be fun to do an "Un-Halloween" party and go with an Alice-in-Wonderland theme. Mix your own beverage... have tea and crumpets. I'd be a jolly good time.... and if there's only 1-2 people, it wouldn't matter because for this sort of party, you'd have to be mad as a hatter! Muahahaha!
That sounds like it would be a very cool party, I love the Mad Hatter too!! :wink:

sueluvshalloween
Haunt Master

Post by sueluvshalloween » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:15 pm

My 15-year-old daughter and her friends seem to be into costumes all year 'round, between Halloween and the anime convention in April. The costume planning, shopping for materials and making of the costumes starts months in advance. Earlier this month, one of her friends hosted a tea party ... it was a half-birthday party since her birthday's around Christmas and gets lost in the holiday shuffle ... where the girls all dressed up as "Alice in Wonderland" characters. My daughter went as the Red Queen and the pictures they took were hilarious!

Morticia
Haunt Master

Post by Morticia » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:35 pm

"Any reason to get dressed up and play Halloween works for me! When do we start?! :D"

Amen to that! :mrgreen:
Be afraid....be very afraid!

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:38 pm

Sue that sounds like a good time!! Do you make the costumes?