Halloween Party this year?

Are you having a Halloween Party? Discuss ideas here!

Will you be hosting a Halloween party this year?

Yes
56%
No
31%
Maybe
13%

Total votes: 16

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Halloween Party this year?

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:35 pm

I don't know about the motorcycle license, but with the car license, all you have to do is take the written test (assuming you already hold a valid license from another state). There is probably a time limit on it--30 days or something from the time you move. Oh, they may give you a vision test, too.

If your cousins live in East TN, they are a long way away from here. They are also on Eastern Time. But that is the scenic part of the state.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:57 pm

They often speak about how beautiful and scenic their place is, so I'm enclined to beleive that they are in the East.

A lot of states require both a written test and a road test in order to get a license to drive. I know that my older sister had to take both when she moved from Illinois to Florida. It was particulary tough for her, because she didn't learn how to drive until she was in her 40s.

Mike

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:43 pm

when i exchanged my Arizona DL for my Texas DL all I had to do was fill out the papers and get a pic and pay the fee and I was out with my temp and the card came in the mail, no written or drive test needed...
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:29 am

Oh, gosh, Spooky, now you've gotten me confused. I know I had to take a written test when I moved from TX to GA, and again when I moved from GA to VA. Now I'm not sure whether I had to take the written test when I moved from VA to TN. It's been a long time ago (1994), so I might have conflated the various moves and what I had to do. Either you take a written test when you move here, or you don't have to take anything if your other license is still valid. But I seem to remember that I had to look into that little machine to test my eyes.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:26 am

My Illinois DL is a double classification. Car and motorcycle. So if I were to move to another state, I would likely have to take at least a written test before I can change over to that state license. A lot of states are a little more strict about motorcycle licenses, too. In Illinois, there are actualy two classes of motorcycles. There's the clas "L" which allows you to drive a motor scooter of less then 250 cc engine displacement, but anything starting at 250 cc displacement or higher requires a Class "M" license.

Mike

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:15 pm

Murfreesboro wrote:Oh, gosh, Spooky, now you've gotten me confused. I know I had to take a written test when I moved from TX to GA, and again when I moved from GA to VA. Now I'm not sure whether I had to take the written test when I moved from VA to TN. It's been a long time ago (1994), so I might have conflated the various moves and what I had to do. Either you take a written test when you move here, or you don't have to take anything if your other license is still valid. But I seem to remember that I had to look into that little machine to test my eyes.

you know what, now that you mention it, i did have to do the eye thing, but I thought it was just because I wear glasses, but i didnt have to take any written or driving tests....When I moved from Ut to AZ I think I had to take a written test and eye thingy, man that was a long time ago
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:55 pm

Everyone is required to take a vision test, and I think that's pretty much the way it is in any state. They tend to be a little more laxed if you don't wear glasses, but if they see you wearing perscription glasses, or you happen to be elderly, then they will probably be more strict with you.

My Illinois license expires next year (July 2012). I won't have to take any exams because I took them the last time I renewed. (Illinois requires you to retake the written tests to renew every 8 to 12 years.) But I allways end up having to take the vision test.

Mike

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:11 pm

Mike, if you move to Az your license expires on your 65th Bday, you dont have to worry about it until then. People in Texas were amazed at how long my license was good for

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:38 pm

Interesting. Perhaps I should consider Arizona, though I already am. I am already 51, though. When you turn 65, how often do you have to renew after that?

Mike

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:29 pm

thats a good question, I am only 41 so I never bothered checking into that

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:37 pm

You have a little ways to go, Spooky. Unfortunately, a lot of states require persons over 65 to take the written test and the driving test every time they renew their licenses.

Mike

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:51 pm

I had to give up my Az license when I got my Tx license, they kept it and said they would send it back to Az DMV, so now I have to renew every 6yrs, hopefully I can just do it by mail for now..

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:13 am

They used to let us renew by mail in TN, but they have since stopped doing that for security reasons.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:01 pm

In Illinois it's every 4 years for your driver's license, and every so often you have to take the written test. Additionaly, elderly persons are often required to take the driving tests. That goes double for me because I have two classifications on my license.

We have to renew our license plates every year, to the tune of 99 bucks per vehicle. My car is due in September, and my motorcycle is due in March.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:43 pm

I know that some people are tighten on money.... but, I can afford everything.... not always... I can spend to see haunted houses, haunted attractions, horror movies, etc. I have over $150,000 in my bank for a year! :D I'm not really RICH man!!! :lol: