Our first big Halloween party

Are you having a Halloween Party? Discuss ideas here!
whatsername90
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Our first big Halloween party

Post by whatsername90 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:39 am

Well... big for us. lol My sisters and I are planning a party and shes gotten all the decorations (give or take a few from me) and I'm in charge of music. Does anyone on here have any other suggestions for music? I know there is a thread though they're somewhat dead at this point.

Also, planning on making a jello shot brain for the big day...tequila with lime jello would taste best, but red jello would look best... I dunno. Thoughts?

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Re: Our first big Halloween party

Post by Pumpkin56 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:00 pm

Make one of each!

As far as music, it seems like the threads have a number of good suggestions. You could also walk into any Spirit store and just listen to what they are playing to get some ideas. I was in one last night and the music they were playing was fantastic--it went along so well with all the props and foggers and decorations. I think a mix of different kinds of music would work well for a party--you could play some Midnight Syndicate and then follow it up with some Rob Zombie and then go to something spooky that was played in a movie (I kinda like the double, double toil and trouble that the choir sings in the 3rd Harry Potter :)). Just keep changing it up to keep it interesting. I'm sure your guests will love anything you play that keeps up the Halloween mood.

whatsername90
Crypt Keeper

Post by whatsername90 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:48 pm

Thanks! I've gotten a pretty good playlist going at this point... some totally halloween themed and some not just for a party vibe. I like the double double toil and trouble idea for sure!

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:54 pm

Me and my girlfriend had great Halloween party at her best friend's home so we had chicken wings, beers, wines and some mixed liquours. :D Also, we did give out the candies to children.

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:49 pm

iHaunt wrote:Me and my girlfriend had great Halloween party at her best friend's home so we had chicken wings, beers, wines and some mixed liquours. :D Also, we did give out the candies to children.
any one else picturing that scene in Trick or Treat when the kids knock on the door and their teacher answers the door wearing a cat costume?
Last edited by Spookymufu on Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:58 pm

Nope. :lol: I believe my girlfriend did take a few pics at Halloween party. Sorry no yard display at her friend's house. :(

Spookymufu wrote:
iHaunt wrote:Me and my girlfriend had great Halloween party at her best friend's home so we had chicken wings, beers, wines and some mixed liquours. :D Also, we did give out the candies to children.
any one else picturing that scene in Trick of Treat when the kids knock on the door and their teacher answers the door wearing a cat costume?

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:53 pm

Spookymufu wrote:
any one else picturing that scene in Trick or Treat when the kids knock on the door and their teacher answers the door wearing a cat costume?
Well, now that you mention it... :lol: