Things to do at a halloween party (Min age-10 years)

Are you having a Halloween Party? Discuss ideas here!
Neleh44
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 10992

Things to do at a halloween party (Min age-10 years)

Post by Neleh44 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:16 pm

So, the thing is, My parents don't agree with Trick or Treating. So we are having a mini Halloween party. But every Halloween we go out somewhere, it could be a theme park or another friends party. this is the first year we will be spending Halloween at home. The thing is, we have no idea what to do. all i have come up with is apple bobbing. but that wont last the whole night. I am 12 and my little brother is 10. Any ideas?

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Things to do at a halloween party (Min age-10 years)

Post by witchy » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:19 am

Hi Neleh44, how about flash light tag, making carmel apples or carving pumpkins and of course watching Halloween movies, what about a costume contest. I hope you and your brother have a wonderful time, Happy Halloween!!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:51 pm

If you have a fire place, you can do a weenie roast in the house. If not, and the weather isn't to cold, you can have one out on the back yard barbecue. I would also suggest all the old Universal monster favorites on DVD, perhaps some music, a costume party, go to a haunted attraction, tell ghost stories around a fire if you have a fire place, or just tell ghost stories. Carve jack o'lanterns, have plenty of Halloween candy, taffy apples, apple cyder and other Halloween favorites on hand.

Mike

loveshalloween
Ghost

Post by loveshalloween » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:32 am

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:18 pm

I could have sworn I hit "post" earlier... ah, well.

Murder in the Dark was a game we played as kids. We played ours outside, though... I guess it was back before street lights were all over the place.

... we also went snipe hunting... which is basically going outside in the dark and pretending to hunt for scary little creatures that don't exist... and playing off each other's fear of the unknown... while those who are "in" on the joke make noises and try to lead people around to where the snipes are...

Also, you could buy some cheap toilet paper and have a mummy-wrapping competition and race.

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:58 am

Sorry to hear your parents won't let you trick or treat Neleh44. I agree with all the previous ideas. If you don't have a fireplace(like me) to roast hot dogs there are tons of great Halloween themed recipes for regular dinner type food and deserts online. I hope you have a great Halloween. Let us know what you end up doing!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:30 am

I'm sorry to hear that too, Demonic Duck, but there is much to be feared in today's world. It wasn't like when I was a kid and we could ToT til all hours of the night. I wouldn't want to be a kid in this day and age for all the tea in China.

Mike

SlappytheDummy
Ghost

Post by SlappytheDummy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:27 pm

Make a deck of index or flash cards that say things like "play dead for 5 minutes straight" or, "do your best frakenstein impression" one of my favorites is "act out the cheesiest death scene ever" Have fun! Tell me how it goes! - SD

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:22 pm

In the "Halloween Games" message board there's a game where one person would write out a scenario then ask the next person who posts to answer a question in regard to that scenario. For instance, I posted a little paragraph that went something like this:

You're shopping for a car. You see a Rolls Royce Phantom 4 for sale for 50 bucks, out the door. The seller tells you that two people were killed when the car mysteriously put itself in geear, and one person was killed by carbon monoxide, which occure while the converible top was down.

Would you buy that car?

The next poster then would answer whether he or she would buy that car or not, and then he or she would come up with a whole new scenario of their own, and then ask a question at the end. Then Poster #3 answers the 2nd posters question, and then writes his own scenario and asks his question for the next poster, and so on and so on.

That can be a great way to have fun at a Halloween party, and it will work for all ages, too. Not just 10 year old kids.

Mike

Ed Donald
Ghost

Post by Ed Donald » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:25 am

floria.alex
Ghost

Post by floria.alex » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:00 pm

Hay buddy you can add a mini contest in your list. :D And give an award certificate to the winner! sounds good, right! I have found some free online award templates for you. They claim to be editable and compatible with MS Word. It is an easy go but If you don't know anything about using MS Word, ask you dad or mom, i hope they will do it for you.
http://www.wordtemplatesonline.net/hall ... tificates/
http://www.doctemplates.net/halloween-a ... soft-word/

Enjoy.