Halloween Party 2012

Are you having a Halloween Party? Discuss ideas here!
chjbrown01
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Halloween Party 2012

Post by chjbrown01 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:10 pm

I too have already started planning our party. My husband and I will host our 5th Annual party on Oct. 20th. It's usually the weekend immediately before but due to work schedules that's not possible this year. We already have roughly 50 confirmed to come and expect around 100. I am hiring a DJ and debating on another hay ride this year(impossible to take everyone at once). It's held down in our woods with a fire pit and a trail leading deep into the woods with a bridge so def thinking about a haunted trail, but don't know if it's worth the hassle for one night. Typically we have a cemetary and use corn stalks, straw bales, pumpkins and jack o lanterns and scarecrows to decorate. I'd love some new, easy cheap ideas from anyone. Thank you!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:04 pm

I will be having a little gathering this October in honor of the 'big day,' but it won't be anything close to 1oo or even 50 people. 6 or 7 people most likely.

Mike

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:35 pm

Holy <deleted> ckjbrown01 I wish I had woods for a haunted hayride! 100 people is a lot of people. We will probably end up with about 35 people. We have something like 70 invited if all of them ever came I don't know where we would put them!

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:54 pm

Uhh... Mike? My invitation seems to have gotten lost in the mail? Maybe the dog ate it? Lets see... your house is the green one at the end of the road? The one that has soap one the windows and toilet paper in the trees? Or, at least it will have...

Glad you're feeling better. Need a softer seat on that bike?

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:43 am

We are now up to 21 people coming. Many people who normally come haven't RSVPed yet. This may be a record attendence year. Now the pressure is on to make it even more awesome.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:07 am

Where do you live DD? What color is your house? What is your favorite brand of soap?

Funny story. My roommate had just put a Broncos sticker on the rear window of her car. I wrote Go Chargers above it with soap. She got soooo mad at me because she couldn't clean it off. I'm guessing she tried Windex? Yeah... she's blonde.

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:21 am

That's awesome. If you're in the neighborhood from the 2nd Circle of hell(which doesn't surprise me is in California btw) you're certainly invited.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:24 am

Can I bring Witchy? Her broom has a sidecar and I need a ride.

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:29 am

sure the more the merrier.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:59 pm

NeverMore, forst of all, I'm glad to be back. Second of all, my house is not green. It's yellow with brown trim, and it's not in a secluded area at the end of a road. It's in the main part of town in the middle of my block. It's 102 years old, and as of yet I have not had any shaving cream, soap or toilet paper incidents. If you feel like cruising up to Dwight Ill, you are more then welcome to come to my gathering.

It won't be a huge affair, but the food will be good, horror movies will be shown, there will be a fire in the fireplace if it's cole enough. I hope you like music, as I play a lot of it, but a horror movie or two will be shown later.

Mike

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:05 pm

You guys in Illinois get that? Yellow with brown trim. How's that for a masterful piece of social engineering? I fully expect to see pictures of Mike's tee-peed front yard posted here after Halloween. Just kidding Mike. Wish I could do a Halloween road trip but I just got a second job and am short on free time.

Speaking of tricks, anyone here who has ever tee-peed someones trees or soaped their windows, raise your hands. I actually helped TP a friend's car a couple weeks ago. That's what she gets for moving to Hawaii... and not taking me!

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:10 pm

NeverMore wrote:
Can I bring Witchy? Her broom has a sidecar and I need a ride.

Witchy 's not sure she wants to take NeverMore, he might just tee pee my sidecar when I'm not looking!!! :lol: :lol: :wink:

I tee peed a few yards when I was young, put a few moving signs in a neighbors yard who I didn't like, but thats about it.
:wink:

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:32 pm

I never felt the need to people always seemed to hold up their end of the ToT deal so held up mine.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:27 am

Well that's not very demonic of you. I think you should change your nym to 'Slightly Evil Duck'.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:47 pm

NeverMore, I have a bit of a confession to make. Any of you who love your dogs, please don't be offended by what you are about to read, as I pulled this prank when I was only 13. As many of you know, a 13 year old can have very poor judgement, and make very poor decisions. My poor decision when I was 13, was to go along with a bunch of buddies of mine, and we snuck into every yard with a dog, and we shaved all the dogs tails. We got just about every dog in the neigoborhooe except for a couple of pit bulls, a doberman and a St. Bernard. We had to do th e same things to our own dogs as to keep suspicion away.

Anyway, this was after dark, and there were sill plenty of ToTers out there. I think we must have shaved the tails of about 40 or 50 dogs that night. The next morning, people were walking their dogs with their naked tails, wondering what the ...... Maybe there's some desease going around or something. Some dogs had curly tales, others had straight tails. Some dogs held their tails up high, and others wagged them whith lots of gust. But they were all naked.

Just so you all know, we did not hurt any of the dogs in questio. We were really gentle, and brought along plenty of Milk Bone dog cookies, and we used a battery operated barbers clippers, so not to do any harm to the bare skin.

Mike