How to get invited to a halloween party?

Are you having a Halloween Party? Discuss ideas here!
yami
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 10992

How to get invited to a halloween party?

Post by yami » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:13 am

I've never been to a Halloween party before and this year i suddenly got a craving to go. Problem is, I don't really know anyone who is hosting a party and I don't have enough friends to invite to a party I could host myself.

Any ideas how I could find a party to go to? We're talking adult parties here, not kids stuff :twisted:

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Re: How to get invited to a halloween party?

Post by NeverMore » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:01 pm

If you are close to a university or college go check out the local establishments. A lot of stores, eateries, laundromats, whatnot will have a bulletin board. You may see something posted on there. Will most likely be a cover charge though.

Also, bars will sometimes have costume contests. While not a party it will still be grownups in costume getting faced.

Heck! If you're gonna be in costume just drive around until you see a party and crash it. It's not like anyone is gonna know who you are unless you take off your mask. By the time they discover you you'll probably have made a few friends.

g'luck!

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:23 am

Churches and various civic organizations often have Halloween parties.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:05 am

Do you have a FaceBook account? I don't, but my kids do, and they often hear about stuff from their friends on FaceBook. You could organize an event to go to a corn maze or a haunted attraction on Halloween night. You could even ask others to dress in costume, if you like.

I think the most certain way to attend a Halloween party is to host one. However, I realize that not everyone is in a position to do this.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:32 pm

I have a very small gathering on Halloween. Just my nephew and his 3 kids. We roast hot dogs, watch old horror movies, and they ToT during the alloted hours.

It's by far not the biggest party I have, but the little ones really get a thrill out of my old house at Halloween.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:38 am

I think that's a lovely tradition, and your nieces & nephews will remember it for the rest of their lives.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:13 am

That's the whole idea. I do have larger gatherings through out the year, though. I allways have a tree trimming party in December, and a St. Patrick's Day parti every March, and this yar it's my turn to host Thanksgiving.

Mike