Indian Headdress - Good or Bad Idea?

Chat about your costumes
DavidWill
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 10992

Indian Headdress - Good or Bad Idea?

Post by DavidWill » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:31 am

Hey folks, this is my first post here. :-D

This year I'm planning on crafting or buying something like an indian headdress. Do you think this is a good idea? Furthermore, would recommend me on crafting rather than buying it? Please share your thoughts on this.

Ty in advance.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Re: Indian Headdress - Good or Bad Idea?

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:33 am

The Boy Scouts use Indian lore extensively in their Order of the Arrow "honor society." You could probably find kits for creating headdresses through them.

If you are asking me whether I think it is PC to make such a costume, you are probably asking the wrong person. I see no harm in it.

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:37 pm

Murfreesboro wrote:The Boy Scouts use Indian lore extensively in their Order of the Arrow "honor society." You could probably find kits for creating headdresses through them.

If you are asking me whether I think it is PC to make such a costume, you are probably asking the wrong person. I see no harm in it.
Neither do I!

HalloweenDot
Site Admin

Post by HalloweenDot » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:06 pm

The guy did respond, but it was just another link like he originally had in the first post (which I had removed) so I disapproved it since he was just advertising for their handmade art. While his stuff looks nice, he was just here to advertise. (And they weren't even made by American Indians!)

David, if you wish to return and do more than advertise, we welcome that and at that point I wouldn't have a problem pointing out your goods if it is a legitimate part of a conversation, but please don't just try and spam the forums.

Thanks
Halloween.com since 1994 - Chris

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:07 am

Naughty, naughty. Someone tried to be naughty and got scalped. :shock: :shock: :twisted: :evil: :lol:

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:40 am

:lol: