Zombie Ideas

Chat about your costumes
Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Zombie Ideas

Post by Nostalgiascape » Fri May 03, 2019 11:04 am

Post your ideas/suggestions about Zombie costumes.

In 2008 I bought a mask at Halloween Express called 'Groundbreaker Zombie'. I lived in Phoenix so I wanted the dry desert zombie look. Then I took an older green long sleeve shirt, went out onto the porch of my apartment which had a patch of ground, and I buried my shirt a foot into the ground for two days, periodically pouring water over it. When I unearthed it, it looked like a shirt of a buried man.

I wish I had pics but I lost them, but I looked the part.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Re: Zombie Ideas

Post by Murfreesboro » Sat May 11, 2019 10:08 am

I'm sure you did look the part! What a method actor you are! I would never have worn that shirt, LOL.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Mon May 13, 2019 8:44 pm

In Halloween 2003 to be Jason post part 6, we rusted a chain with a padlock then drove three city blocks with it dragging behind my brothers truck to gnarley it up and I wore it around my neck that night. I had a good latex Jason mask and antiquated button up.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue May 14, 2019 8:49 am

Wow! That is commitment, my friend.

Voskhod02
Zombie

Post by Voskhod02 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:26 am

I have an old military flak jacket that was shot at by a friend after he brought it from military service, and it's one of my go-to zombie costume items: it was already beaten up and outdated by the time my friend left (that's why he could bring it home, the ballistical protection was out of date and it wasn't compatible with modern kit), and after I left it outside for three weeks, it took the perfect aspect for my needs! I add some fake blood on it when Halloween comes, and it's always a hit.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:40 am

Sounds like a great costume!

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:23 pm

I noticed a lot of 'zombies' out there ToTing over the past few Halloweens. I think zombie costumes are going to become a new Halloween icon like vampires, ghosts or witches.

In fact, I don't see too many witches, but I still see a lot of vampires and ghosts.

Mike

Voskhod02
Zombie

Post by Voskhod02 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:48 am

Well, after all, how many games and movies about zombies did we have over the last decade? Of course, they made their way in the horror story universe, and now they're an universal icon.
... plus, throw some fake blood on old torn/stained/generically ruined clothes you find in your attic and boom, you've got a great zombie costume, while other costumes will need more work!

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:04 pm

Good point. In fact, some of the best and most believable costumes are often something very simple to put together. My last two years I went ToT I made my own costumes. The simplest one was nothing more then a bed sheet with two holes in it for the eyes, a few feet of old chain I found in our garage, an old warn out pair of white trousers and an old pair of tennis shoes that I spray painted white. With a little help from my older sister, it was quite impressive, and took a 'whopping' 5 minutes to put together.

Mike