Crow Costume?

Chat about your costumes
Kyu
Vampire

Crow Costume?

Post by Kyu » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:48 pm

Not the movie character silly. The bird!

This will be my first time in two years that I'll be wearing a costume.
I've decided to put pieces together to "make my own" costume.
I'm turning to you guys for ideas, as you people LOVE Halloween and probably know a lot about costumes.

I've got a cape which I will be cutting holes into to fit the wings in, and metallic claws for talons but I'm stuck now.
I refuse to show much skin. (Unlike most people my age. They make me sad.)

I do have a back up plan if I can't figure out what to do for the outfit part.
(Gothic Lolita inspired, but I'd rather not take that turn as I wear it as a fashion as it IS a fashion.)

Ideas guys?
Anybody else making their own costume and running into the same problem of no ideas?

Halloween_crazyy
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Crow Costume?

Post by Halloween_crazyy » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:02 am

Well obviously you should wear all black underneath you cape thing, and you should wear a black cap with feathers on it.
H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N !

Kyu
Vampire

Post by Kyu » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:07 am

Halloween_crazyy wrote:Well obviously you should wear all black underneath you cape thing, and you should wear a black cap with feathers on it.
I was actually out earlier today trying to find a black feather mask.
Alas, they're all green tinted for some reason.

vampiress
Master Reaper

Post by vampiress » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:57 am

You should put feathers in your hair too! That would be awesome haha but ya like Halloween_crazyy said, just wear all black underneath and that would look great!
Dracula's Bride

Kyu
Vampire

Post by Kyu » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:41 am

vampiress wrote:You should put feathers in your hair too! That would be awesome haha but ya like Halloween_crazyy said, just wear all black underneath and that would look great!
I'm picking up a big bag of feathers to put on my skin, so I'll probably get some long feathers for my hair. (Lol. I need to wake up eaaaaaaarly.)

vampiress
Master Reaper

Post by vampiress » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:22 pm

Kyu wrote:
vampiress wrote:You should put feathers in your hair too! That would be awesome haha but ya like Halloween_crazyy said, just wear all black underneath and that would look great!
I'm picking up a big bag of feathers to put on my skin, so I'll probably get some long feathers for my hair. (Lol. I need to wake up eaaaaaaarly.)
Sweetness!! Haha ohh I know! Get a black boa and wear it :P hahah jk those things itch way bad lol
Dracula's Bride

Kyu
Vampire

Post by Kyu » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:42 pm

vampiress wrote:
Kyu wrote:
Sweetness!! Haha ohh I know! Get a black boa and wear it :P hahah jk those things itch way bad lol
That's going around my neck. I got a nice soft one so I won't run into the itchy.

vampiress
Master Reaper

Post by vampiress » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:08 pm

Haha nice! I went costume supply shopping last night and I think I got pretty much everything I need.. Hopefully lol
Dracula's Bride

Kyu
Vampire

Post by Kyu » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:50 pm

vampiress wrote:Haha nice! I went costume supply shopping last night and I think I got pretty much everything I need.. Hopefully lol
Lucky.
I hit my limit on stuff (Minimum wage job. Woe. WOE.) and I need to pick up the last few things last minute.

vampiress
Master Reaper

Post by vampiress » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:56 pm

Kyu wrote:
vampiress wrote:Haha nice! I went costume supply shopping last night and I think I got pretty much everything I need.. Hopefully lol
Lucky.
I hit my limit on stuff (Minimum wage job. Woe. WOE.) and I need to pick up the last few things last minute.
Oh ya guess that would be kinda tough :/ but I'm sure everything you get will be just perfect :)
Dracula's Bride

Kyu
Vampire

Post by Kyu » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:32 pm

vampiress wrote:
Kyu wrote:
Lucky.
Oh ya guess that would be kinda tough :/ but I'm sure everything you get will be just perfect :)
Hopefully. :D

Would spirit gum work with attaching feathers to skin?
I've been told that would be an easy way to do it if I work fast.