Pet Costumes?

Chat about your costumes
DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Pet Costumes?

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:51 pm

Anyone ever dress their pets up for Halloween? I havn't, but I think it'd really be cute.
I've seen some really cute doggie costumes, and I've even seen Ferret Costumes, but I havn't seen much for cats. A cat could probably fit into a small dog costume though.
(Maybe you could dress your dog as a cat and your cat as a dog! :lol: )
In any case, I thought I'd bring the topic up, if anyone has any cute pet costumes perhaps they could post it here or bring up some ideas for pet costumes.
I would love to dress up my cat...but I think she'd claw my eyes out. :lol: Even if I could get the costume on chances are she'd probably have it off within seconds.
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

shanda
Halloween Master

Re: Pet Costumes?

Post by shanda » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:28 pm

I have a little white Malti-Poo dog. Last Halloween he was still a puppy and only weighed about 5lbs. I dressed him up as a skunk and took him ToTing with my kids. He was more of a hit than the humans!!!
I am the shadow on the moon at night
Filling your dreams to the brim with fright,
Oggie Boogie

iHaunt
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by iHaunt » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:13 am

I have one large black lab female dog. Four Maltese small dogs, one maltese - westie dog (all males), Two Shiz-tz (a male and a female).

And, a Siberian Husky and a mixed little brownie husky.

Wow! I got 11 dogs! :shock:

OctoberChill
Halloween Master

Post by OctoberChill » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:39 am

We bought our cat a little paperboy hat and vest a couple years ago. It was funny, to us. She rolled around on the floor like she was in a straight jacket or something. So we took it off. Cats don't do well with costumes. She had this angry look on her face for a few hours afterwards.

The Halloween party we went to last year had a little chihuahua dressed up like a cowboy. I think I have a cellphone pic I can post. It was pretty funny.

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:05 pm

They had this cute pirate hat that I'd love to get for my cats at pet co. But it was rather pricey, and I think they'd claw me a new one if I tried.
So yes, they have little collars and hats and capes for kitties, and some doggie costumes at pet co now. At least they actually had costumes and toys for cats, all I ever see is dog stuff. And sometimes even ferret stuff online. But I rarely see stuff for cats, and that's funny because I thought cats were more popular than ferrets. I do like ferrets of course, but I like cats a lot more.
I did go to a walmart that had stuff for cats, but it wasn't my local walmart that's five minutes away. All they had was dog stuff. It's discrimination I tell you! :lol:
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

jounderw
Ghost

Post by jounderw » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:46 pm

I love dressing our dog up for Halloween every year! I think it's especially fun if you live in a neighborhood with a lot of trick-or-treaters, its so fun for all the kids to see the dog dressed and they usually love it! (That is if you have a nice dog)

sheenahellen
Zombie

Post by sheenahellen » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:20 am

I just joined the forum and I hope that I am never too late to suggest. :) I just wanna share my experience with dressing my pet with animal costume and everyone in the party really enjoyed what my pet looked like! :D I'll be digging my memory box for the pictures and I'll update this thread.. Hhmmm, I remember searching for that costume at Amazon, FantasyToyland.com, and Ebay. Great finds! :D

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:03 am

My sister has a little pom-a-poo puppy and this year that little furball is going as a velociraptor! She's going to come along TOTing with my little niece. Hopefully we can convince my sister-in-law to let my niece be a dinosaur too. Then it'll be like someone opened the gates at Jurassic Park!! :lol:

sss4749
Ghost

Post by sss4749 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:00 am

I have chose a funy costume give my dog. so waiting halloween!!

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:18 am

I have never owned an animal that would have tolerated being dressed up for anything.

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:43 am

I used to have a ferret and I tried dressing her up one year and you would have thought she needed and exorcist, the way she flopped around trying to get it off. I learned my lesson after that :?

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:45 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sheenahellen
Zombie

Post by sheenahellen » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:21 pm

Murfreesboro wrote:I have never owned an animal that would have tolerated being dressed up for anything.
I have had the same problem before, but after owning a duschan, I finally enjoyed dressing him up with animal costumes that he also loves! :D

SpookyBlackKat
Master Reaper

Post by SpookyBlackKat » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:52 pm

We have a ladybug hat that I used to put on one of my cats when he was smaller. There were earholes and a strap under the chin. HILARIOUS! His mom (my black cat) figured out how to eat it so it no longer exists.

Last year I bought a small dog dress for my cat and she became CATatonic. ROFL, i couldn't resist! Seriously though, it paralyzed her. She froze up and just laid there until I took it off. I don't think she was mad, more embarrassed because we were all laughing. My cat is possessed by a dog by the way. =)

I've met The Great Pumpkin.

http://pumpkinbump.wordpress.com/