fun find at Spirit

Chat about your costumes
Pumpkin56
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

fun find at Spirit

Post by Pumpkin56 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:05 pm

Since I currently don't have any party plans for Halloween, I won't be dressing up. But I did find these cool arm warmers at Spirit that I think I need to get!

http://www.spirithalloween.com/product/ ... m-warmers/

lisafrank
Zombie

Re: fun find at Spirit

Post by lisafrank » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:12 am

Dude,
i am new to these celebration Halloween since am from India
little bit user experience i need

Regards,
LISA

Pumpkin56 wrote:Since I currently don't have any party plans for Halloween, I won't be dressing up. But I did find these cool arm warmers at Spirit that I think I need to get!

lisafrank
Zombie

Post by lisafrank » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:13 am

Actually when will you celebrate this Halloween?

Pumpkin56 wrote:Since I currently don't have any party plans for Halloween, I won't be dressing up. But I did find these cool arm warmers at Spirit that I think I need to get!

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:08 am

I always celebrate Halloween on October 31st (I hope that didn't come across as a smart-butted answer. That was not my intention if it did). I put my decorations up at the beginning of October and watch a lot of scary movies throughout the month. On Halloween night, I usually have a few people come by for dinner and a movie and I pass out candy to the trick-or-treaters. I also build some kind of haunt in the front yard-- for several years, I built a haunted graveyard. This past year, I build a haunted pumpkin patch. :)

lisafrank
Zombie

Post by lisafrank » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:29 am

Well
Peoples dressup like ghost.Then waht about your buildings? any theme and decoration for Halloween ?
Pumpkin56 wrote:I always celebrate Halloween on October 31st (I hope that didn't come across as a smart-butted answer. That was not my intention if it did). I put my decorations up at the beginning of October and watch a lot of scary movies throughout the month. On Halloween night, I usually have a few people come by for dinner and a movie and I pass out candy to the trick-or-treaters. I also build some kind of haunt in the front yard-- for several years, I built a haunted graveyard. This past year, I build a haunted pumpkin patch. :)

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:27 am

You can dress up like anything at Halloween. That's the fun of it. You can be traditional and do something scary (ghost, witch, Grim Reaper, etc.), or you can do something fun, like dress up as someone from popular culture, or the political scene, just whatever you like. You could be a character from a children's story, a fairy tale. I have even seen people dress up like ketchup bottles or washing machines. Halloween is all about using your imagination. Anything goes.

When you decorate your house or yard, you can come up with a theme (someone on this forum built an elaborate facade for their house last Halloween, making it look like a medieval castle, something from Arthurian legends, maybe). It is very common for people to put up fake "grave stones" and maybe haunt them, either with animated monsters, or with costumed family members. Or you can be like me and just put up random things with a Halloween theme, like strings of bat and spider lights, or scarecrows, and of course, a carved jack-o-lantern (as many of those as you have time and energy to do). As an adult, if you aren't throwing a party, you may or may not costume to distribute candy to the children. I think the kids get a kick out of it when the homeowner costumes, but many don't.

lisafrank
Zombie

Post by lisafrank » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:11 am

Thanks Murfreesboro
great information for me
Murfreesboro wrote:You can dress up like anything at Halloween. That's the fun of it. You can be traditional and do something scary (ghost, witch, Grim Reaper, etc.), or you can do something fun, like dress up as someone from popular culture, or the political scene, just whatever you like. You could be a character from a children's story, a fairy tale. I have even seen people dress up like ketchup bottles or washing machines. Halloween is all about using your imagination. Anything goes.

When you decorate your house or yard, you can come up with a theme (someone on this forum built an elaborate facade for their house last Halloween, making it look like a medieval castle, something from Arthurian legends, maybe). It is very common for people to put up fake "grave stones" and maybe haunt them, either with animated monsters, or with costumed family members. Or you can be like me and just put up random things with a Halloween theme, like strings of bat and spider lights, or scarecrows, and of course, a carved jack-o-lantern (as many of those as you have time and energy to do). As an adult, if you aren't throwing a party, you may or may not costume to distribute candy to the children. I think the kids get a kick out of it when the homeowner costumes, but many don't.

The Duchess
Haunt Master

Post by The Duchess » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:09 am

Hi Lisa,

I like the costuming at Halloween best. I guess that I am a costume fanatic.

Here are some characters I have been:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Top from left to right:

Little Lord Fauntleroy
French Aristocrat
Elderly Grandmother
Friar
Duchess

Bottom left to right

Mozart
Ben Franklin
Vampire
Dressed as a woman
Colonial party goer.

I enjoy costuming and run the gamut for characters

One time I am a U. S Pfresident

Next time I am A Grande Aunte in a hoopskirt.

Have a great day! :D

The Duchess
CHEERS! HAVE A GREAT DAY! FROM THE GUY IN A DRESS