whatsername90
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Awesome idea, but can't figure out how to pull it off

Post by whatsername90 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:49 am

Okay so for Halloween this year I'm planning on being Carrie, but I usually dress up for Halloween weekend also (if it doesn't fall on a weekend of course) and I thought of what I want to be... but no one seems to have done it yet.

Basically, Green Day (my favorite band) have a song called "Kill the DJ" and I thought, wow, that would be a great costume. Like the death of music. I thought I'd make a headband like those knife through the head things, but with a vinyl record.... and not sure on the outfit itself yet but like Justin Beiber (sp?) stickers on my mouth like whoever killed the dj shut them up with todays music.... some ear buds choking me might be good too... I dunno, its hard to explain but in my head its so clear. lol

Any ideas on how to convey the fact that I'd be a DJ though? I can't figure it out.... turn tables would be good but can't really carry those around.... confused....

whatsername90
Crypt Keeper

Re: Awesome idea, but can't figure out how to pull it off

Post by whatsername90 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:51 am

I've also thought of being "Radiohead" which is cool... but liking the DJ thing better.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:36 am

1. Make yourself up to look like Howard Stern.

2. Try to find a broadcast microphone for cheap and attach it to yourself so it's in front of your face.

3. Print out WKRP in Cincinnatti on a t-shirt transfer and make yourself up to look like one of them.

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

whatsername90
Crypt Keeper

Post by whatsername90 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:41 am

Hmm I like the broadcast microphone idea... and wearing the t shirt of a well known radio station like KROQ or something wouldn't be a bad idea.... Thank you Nevermore

whatsername90
Crypt Keeper

Post by whatsername90 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:55 am

Just found this.... not exactly what I was planning on, but could definitely work.... lol I love that it was this awesome kid that did it. hahah

glennmcgrath
Ghost

Post by glennmcgrath » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:17 am

OH OH OH!! I KNOW I KNOW!!!!

How about the Queen Mother?
ashan

carolinefox
Ghost

Post by carolinefox » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:46 am

In my opinion your change of hearts from typical Carrie is right because it has been such a cliché and it seems everybody opts for it since the movie came out. You crave for something unique and your idea of Death of the Music is amazing. First of all your character has meaning to you and on the same time it is based on something you love. You should definitely go for it, I admit, its hard difficult but most good things on life are difficult. The little fragments of what you have explained of your outfit is great too especially that choking thing. You can imitate a typical DJ look, but to convey the oblivious and dead look you can get your make up done, something pale like of corpse, and you can hide your iris as symbolism of today’s lyrically meaningless and empty music. Hiding your iris is fairly easy task, you can do this with the aid of opaquely tinted white out contact lenses. Here I found a little something that you could try on achieving a dead-ish look http://www.lensrage.com/ :)

Good luck on this quest, do tell how things turn out. :)
P.S. I listened to the song and it is awfully catchy!