cowboy
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 10992

Insidious Demon (Red Lipstick Face Demon)

Post by cowboy » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:49 pm

Howdy Y'al

With Halloween just around the corner I was starting to think of ideas or characters I'd like to perhaps create this Halloween to scare all the little ghosts and ghouls brave enough to come to our house on Halloween night! The movie "Insidious" captured my imagination with the demon character and was contemplating on trying to re-create this character as a Halloween costume. Have watched a few tutorials on youtube but they all look very involved and costly with prosthetics and other supplies needed to have this character really come to life. I've been looking on the internet and there doesn't seem to exist an official insidious demon costume anywhere. Will need to go to a few costume retailers and see perhaps what they are offering with respect to demon attire I guess. This character has white eyes so I will need to purchase some white contact lenses. This character has very, very, very long sharp nails as well so I will need to come up with something comparable to get the "look". Also hooves on the feet, not sure how to pull this one off let alone walk around in them Halloween night. Insidious 2 was just released to theatres Friday September 13th! Apparently the first movie did very well at the box office and with this second feature film recently released, thought there might be a bit more out there this Halloween regarding this particular character. This is the demon with fire on his face or the red lipstick demon as he is sometimes referred to! Any ideas out there as to how to best recreate this character and pull it off so it looks decent, convincing and scary. Only two colors are required, red and black but if the make-up isn't applied properly the results could be disasterous!!! Wasn't planning on painting my entire body black as some have done in their tutorials but was perhaps going to purchase a black skin tight body suit instead. Perhaps instead of makeup I should go with purchasing some kind of devil or demon mask. Going this way though, would most likely be more expensive in the long run. Anyone out there familiar with this character or who has perhaps seen the movie or movies of "Insidious" and "Insidious (Chapter 2)" might be able to give me some insight or ideas I may not have thought about yet. This character may be a little involved that's why I've hopefully started early to get ideas on how to pull this off! Thanks to anyone who gives their opinion or ideas with my request. Much appreciated!

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Re: Insidious Demon (Red Lipstick Face Demon)

Post by NeverMore » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:19 pm

Looks like Composite Effects had a mask but they sold it. Those silicon masks aren't exactly cheap anyway. Face painting would probably be the cheapest way to go but would be hard to do on yourself. Maybe buy a cheap full head mask and paint it? I wonder if you could do this with a stocking, or something else that would fit over your head? There are plenty of tutorials out there on how to make your own head mold and latex masks but that's getting up there in price range too. And a lot of work!

Back to face painting, I wonder if it would be possible to make a template that you can put over your face? Then you could just spray the colors on and remove the template. I used to mess around with an airbrush and would use wax paper and rubber cement for masking areas I didn't want paint on. Probably the big expense here would be the airbrush setup and the body paint.

As for the legs? There's only one way to go... http://techcrunch.com/2009/04/28/goat-l ... unctional/

cowboy
Ghost

Post by cowboy » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:06 am

Howdy

Hey Nevermore, really appreciate those awesome links you directed me to. Looks like I have my work cut out for me. Insidious demon face mask was awesome too bad it was sold. Most likely to order one would be $400.00 plus. Would really like to have a pair of those hoof or goat feet created by that artist. Not sure what those cost to make but I'm sure that would be a bomb. Guess I should start saving. LOL Need to find very long fingernails and my costume is complete. If it were that easy! If I had access to those props I'd surely be a hit this Halloween season. Guess I will need to improvise and come up with something more in line with my Halloween budget. Those goat legs were unbelievable, wonder if I'd be able to recreate a similar device myself in my workshop in time for Halloween. Well you sure have given me a lot to think about. First will need to take a drive to my local Halloween and party retailer and see what offerings they have at their store this season. Perhaps I may stumble upon something interesting which might help me out to achieve my creation at a lesser cost. Thanks once again for your help and insight "Nevermore", you've given me a lot to think about to get ready for Halloween with my costume this year!

waleeed00
Ghost

Post by waleeed00 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:54 am

Those goat legs were unbelievable, wonder if I'd be able to recreate a similar device myself in my workshop in time for Halloween. Well you sure have given me a lot to think about. First will need to take a drive to my local Halloween and party retailer and see what offerings they have at their store this season. Perhaps I may stumble upon something interesting which might help me out to achieve my creation at a lesser cost. Thanks once again for your help and insight "Nevermore", you've given me a lot to think about to get ready for Halloween with my costume this year!
waleeed