Ghosts - cheesecloth

Chat about your costumes
lily55
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 10992

Ghosts - cheesecloth

Post by lily55 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:58 pm

My friends and I are looking forward to making ghosts this year, and we want to use cheesecloth. After researching a little, we decided we want to use the lightest weave possible, as this will give the ghosts a more ethereal look, more of a glow. The problem is, our local grocery stores don't carry such light weaves, the ones that nobody would use for cooking. Help, anyone?

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Ghosts - cheesecloth

Post by Andybev01 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:39 am

If you can't find any at a sewing or fabric store, you can try the supermarket type and pull threads out from the edges to thin it out.

By the way, if you add a little glow in the dark paint to the white glue it will look awesome in the dark or with a black light.

You can buy the paint at any craft store.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

lily55
Ghost

Post by lily55 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:02 pm

Thanks so much for the tip - going to try it!

lily55
Ghost

Post by lily55 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:30 pm

Andybev01 wrote:If you can't find any at a sewing or fabric store, you can try the supermarket type and pull threads out from the edges to thin it out.

By the way, if you add a little glow in the dark paint to the white glue it will look awesome in the dark or with a black light.

You can buy the paint at any craft store.
Thanks - I tried the supermarket, but they didn't have. Anyway, I found this great place online - http://cheeseclothfabric.com/ - I ordered some grade 10 cheesecloth, and it literally came the next day, and it's perfect! Sooo, Happy Halloween!