Penny Dreadful Returns

For all your spooky, ghosty, haunted and otherwise Halloween-y television show discussions!
Kolchak
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Penny Dreadful Returns

Post by Kolchak » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:09 pm

Saw that Showtime is bringing back Penny Dreadful for another season. Looks like they're going to turn it up a bit this season. I hope they do, because I stopped watching it. It wasn't scary and it was hard to hold your interest. We're supposed to get into peoples history this year, and we might see some new stuff. I'll watch the first episode and see how it goes.

The Lizzy Borden Chronicle's on Lifetime look kind of silly, but I'll check it out when it starts. Could it be Lizzy becomes an ax welding avenger?

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Re: Penny Dreadful Returns

Post by Kolchak » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:02 am

Caught the last episode for this season, and if they bring it back for season three they need to turn it up a notch or two in the plot department. I admit I didn't watch every episode start to finish, but I saw most of all episodes and saw several entire episodes. It was just boring and disjointed. We found out that Ethan's real name is Lawrence Talbot, and he is in a cage in the
Cargo hold of a ship and is being returned to the US to face murder charges. But if the full moon comes up....all hands on deck. The bride of Frankenstein has turned out to be a very naughty girl and has hooked up with Dorian Gray, and both know the other is an immortal. Dr Frankenstein knows he screwed up but can't do a thing about it. Meanwhile his monster has turned his back on humanity because his heart has been broken by every girl he meets. So he is on a ship bound for the most barren polar region he can find. Like I said. Kind of boring.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:45 am

I've yet to watch any of those yet. Gonna have to do a marathon one of these nights when I'm not doing anything else.

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:17 pm

I know you said this was boring, but from what I read it sounds pretty good, we'll see, I'll put in my Netflix queue.

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:19 pm

witchy wrote:I know you said this was boring, but from what I read it sounds pretty good, we'll see, I'll put in my Netflix queue.
I assume they're trying to get somewhere down the road in upcoming seasons, but I just wish they'd get there and stop doing the same thing over and over. You have much of the cast scattering to literally all corners of the world. I guess that means next fall we will see them more as singles and less as the group they were in seasons one and two. Maybe the singularity of characters will help it along. God knows it can't get any worse! :lol: :lol: :roll: :wink: