What would you like to see on tv?

For all your spooky, ghosty, haunted and otherwise Halloween-y television show discussions!
Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

What would you like to see on tv?

Post by Nostalgiascape » Wed May 08, 2019 4:41 pm

Skys the limit. Whatever the genre, whatever it's based on, or even if it's a unique idea; what would you like to see on tv?
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Re: What would you like to see on tv?

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:37 am

How about some fan fiction fantasies. It's a matter of fact, I got an idea for one that I am outlining and planning to write. "Dark Shadows Meets Star Trek." I think that would make for an interesting take on things. "The Wolf Man Meets the Incredible Hulk" would be interesting as well. There actually was a series back in the 80s titled "Super Boy." It was a "Superman" spin-off that told the story of Clark Kent when he was a pup. Anyway, there was one episode that he's actually bitten by Count Dracula.

If Fan Fic isn't your 'thing,' then how about an anthology tv series based on real life horror legends like Bachelors Grove, and other purportedly haunted places. It can be done similarly to the way "American Horror Story" was done. Each season will focus on a haunted place and every individual ep would tell one of the legends. For instance, we could title the show "Legends from the Neither World" and we can open with the Bachelors Grove legends for season one. There could be one ep where Al Capone's crony's are 'rubbing out' their rivals and dumping bodies in the pone. Another that depicts the satan worshipers purported to frequent the place. There are all kinds of ghost stories and other legends that we could get a whole season out of Bachelors Grove alone.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, Hollywood, be it movies or tv, need to abandon all together, all the 'new-fangled- under exposing the picture, low key sound and slow moving elements that are so prevalent in the horror films of today. Many movies would be great stories and are based on great stories, but you can hardly see anything because of all the "artistic" low key lighting, and they move so slow that the story gets lost.

Mike

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:47 pm

I think we live in the golden age of TV, "TV", in this case, includes all the various ways you can watch episodic shows these days. There is almost no subject matter you can't find, assuming you subscribe to enough services. I'm thinking of finally subscribing to Shudder, just so I can watch the new Creepshow series. Mike gave me the idea though, I'd love to see a series based on the old Marvel 'Tomb of Dracula' comic. I loved that comic growing up.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:18 am

I quite agree. Personally if I really like a tv show, I like to add it to my DVD or Blue Ray collection. I have two seasons of "Creep Show" on DVD, too. I love them and would love to get additional seasons. I also have "Friday the 13th the Series," "Tales of the Crypt," and "Tales from the Dark Side." For classic tv shows I have "The Twilight Zone," and "Dark Shadows."

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:43 am

Mike, my daughter just graduated college as a theater major, and she shares your irritation with all the artsy dark photography in TV and movies. Half the time you can't see what's happening. She has become very sensitive to the lighting of shows.

I'd love to see a reboot of the History Channel's Haunted series, as in Haunted Savannah, Haunted Chicago, etc. A handful were released on DVD, but not enough.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:16 pm

Your daughter is a woman after my own heart. Being able to see and hear what's happening is a major part in knowing where the story is going.

I also have a few of the "Haunted" series on DVD, too. In fact, I would love to take a 'haunted road trip' up to Green Lake Wisconsen and visit that cemetery where a ghost supposedly pushes people off of the roof of a crypt if they sit on top of it. There is also a haunted road with a witch legend. Looks like some great photo ops just waiting. Unfortunately my only car now has over 120 thousand miles on it, so that trip will have to wait.

Mike

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:01 pm

I love people interested in fan fiction or just creating their own dark tales. I wish more people with the same zeal would get creative in our writing board.

If it exists Ivdont know about it but I would love to see a series on Call of Cthulu based on the characters from the Ps4 game.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:35 pm

I have a few ideas for some stories that I want to post to the writing board, but I am still struggling with MAJOR 'writers block.' In fact it's the worst case I ever had even before my college days.

Mike

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:57 am

Writers block is such a pain, I know. I hope it clears up for you.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:29 am

Well, I did manage to muster up a few words in the "Dusty Note Book" thread in the Halloween Writing discussion. Perhaps I can start up a discussion or something. It might even make for a great story idea to enlarge upon.

Mike

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:15 pm

Thank you for your contribution.