Supernatural!

For all your spooky, ghosty, haunted and otherwise Halloween-y television show discussions!
jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Supernatural!

Post by jadewik » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:45 am

I'm literally floored with shock and surprise that no one has posted about this gem of a show. It has everything-- ghosts, poltergeists, witches, djinns, phantoms, demons, reapers, psychics, werewolves, vampires, skin walkers, bugs, haunted paintings ... etc...etc.

http://supernatural.warnerbros.com/

You can watch full episodes online at the CW website:
http://www.cwtv.com/shows/supernatural
... or tune in on Thursday evenings.

The story centers around these two brothers who are, to put it mildly, "ghost hunters". The episodes go through their adventures ghost-hunting... looking for their dad... trying to stop the apocalypse... the usual. What I like most about the show is that it's like a 1 hour horror movie every week. Some weeks, they do put a little humor in the show to break it up-- the Season 2 Hollywood episode is one of my favourites-- Dean is a hoot!

Season 1 is already out on DVD. Season 2 will be out this fall. They also have a comic book detailing the beginnings (issue 4 came out this month).

... and Season 3 should be starting soon (October-ish). They're going to introduce two new female characters this season-- Bella and Ruth-- that are going to be regulars along with Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Sam (Jared Padalecki).

Season 2 ended with 'All Hell Breaks Loose", so Season 3 should be quite a ride!

Seriously, if you love halloween and spooky stories/movies, tune in just once to Supernatrual. I guarantee you'll be hooked.

... but if you have small kids, make sure they're in bed. The episodes can be rather spooky and will probably give them nightmares.

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:25 pm

We've known about that show from the get go due to one of the leads coming from a stint on Smallville (a family fav) but for some reason this show just didn't grab me. I think I've had my fill with young, sexy actors playing at being scared; but again, I've never seen the show.
Last edited by Dr Strange on Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

midnight kitty
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by midnight kitty » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:35 am

caught a couple of episodes when it 1st came out, but it didn't really appeal to me. same thing w/ heroes
trick or treat

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:30 pm

Season 3 starts October 4th! Season 2 is out on DVD now! Eee! Sooo excited.

Uncle POE
Master Reaper

Post by Uncle POE » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:54 pm

Supernatural is indeed a very good show, but for some odd reason I've yet to embrace it myself. I agree somewhat with Dr. Strange, but there's also just something missing. Same is true for Ghost Whisperer.

Part of me lumps these two series with the hip update by ABC, The Night Stalker, which I disliked. But clearly, Supernatural was and is the best of the bunch. I could add Invasion, Surface and Threshold to the group as well, but more on the sci-fi front (Surface was really hyped badly, since I found it to be so much more than just a water-monster story, and thus vastly more enjoyable than I would have ever believed).

I've previously mentioned this show, but after "Miracles" was abandoned by ABC (along with bad timing of the Iraq War), I just sort of lost hope and/or faith for new series in the genre.

However, to my surprise, I really enjoyed SciFi Channel's "The Dresden Files" ... I was quite reluctant at first, but it proved to be a good, fun series.

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:09 pm

I've never taken the time to watch. I'll have to check it out.
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:35 pm

Uncle POE wrote:However, to my surprise, I really enjoyed SciFi Channel's "The Dresden Files" ... I was quite reluctant at first, but it proved to be a good, fun series.
I started watching the Dresden Files, but the novels were way better than the first few shows. I lost interest after that.... I'd rather read the books. =/

Anyway... just wanted to post. Supernatural Season 3 starts tonight!!!

Cadaverino
Haunt Master

Re: Supernatural!

Post by Cadaverino » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:22 pm

jadewik wrote:I'm literally floored with shock and surprise
To be "literally" floored means you were knocked to the ground.

mamawof2
Master Reaper

Post by mamawof2 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:56 pm

Supernatural returns tonight, Oct. 4th. We are all gathering to watch it. Can't wait!!

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:00 am

Cadaverino wrote:To be "literally" floored means you were knocked to the ground.
Yes, yes it does... did I mention I like to over-exaggerate sometimes?

hippieluvn
Halloween Master

Post by hippieluvn » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:45 pm

Nonc Poe,

I liked Surface, and really wanted to find out what the deal was with those creatures: where were they from? etc. Any ideas?

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:42 pm

I have been eating this series up since season 1.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Fri May 01, 2009 2:20 pm

NO!...Really? :lol:

jadewik wrote:
Cadaverino wrote:To be "literally" floored means you were knocked to the ground.
Yes, yes it does... did I mention I like to over-exaggerate sometimes?
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.