Ghost Hunters Academy

For all your spooky, ghosty, haunted and otherwise Halloween-y television show discussions!
adrian
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Ghost Hunters Academy

Post by adrian » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:54 am

i believe in God, guns, and ghosts!! gimme back my bullets lol
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:04 pm

Spookymufu wrote:
Halloweennut08 wrote:Well if you believe in God, sorry to atheists I respect all religions and non religions don't get upset over this. But if you believe in God you half to be a believer in Angels, demons and Spirits or your not a true christian. That the facts it talks about it in the bible don't believe me look it up. Ghosts are spirits just a FYI.
you dont have to believe in the fake TV shows to be a Christian....
Mmmm, no, I'm pretty sure you do, Spooky. Haven't you read your Bible?

"Verily, I say unto you: That whosoever doth deny TAPS is not worthy of me, and when thou hath heard the voice of the midget Poltergeist lady, thou knowest I am near to thee." -Matthew 13.13

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:39 pm

:lol:
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Halloweennut08
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Halloweennut08 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:28 am

Okay let me be more specific, if you know and read its Matthew 8:28 "The healing of two Demon possessed men" and many other places it talks about spirits and lost souls. But Im taking you guys are either a different religion or don't believe in a god and that's fine, I'm Pentecostal and that is what we believe. I can't prove it isn't fake and you can't prove its fake. But I think Jason and Grant are straight up honest guys I've seem them interviewed many of times on other shows and the question everybody asks them is it fake or real they say its real I will believe there word.

Well getting back to the show despite what critics says I'm excited I'm taking they want more people so they can switch back and forth and have more members so everyone is not so dead tired and a fresh set of hungry investigators ,and let the fun making begin.

(Enter Text Below :twisted: )
HALLOWEEN 2011 THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!!!

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:35 am

look Halloweennut08, I am a christian at heart, I do believe in God, spirits, demons ans ghosts......but I dont believe those TV (television) ghosts shows are real. It's really that simple, ghosts in real life, yes, ghosts on TV, no......
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:57 am

Halloweennut08 wrote:I can't prove it isn't fake and you can't prove its fake.
The burden of proof, in both religion and supernatural occurrence, rests on the one who affirms the positive claim of existence. Failing proof, belief may still be justified by faith, but faith is a wholly subjective thing, limited to each individual, and thus unsuitable for a persuasive argument externally.

In other words: If you seek to convince me, that's cool; present evidence. If you seek merely to believe and not to persuade or convince, that's cool too. 8)

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:54 pm

i believe in god and ghosts :)

science will NEVER be able to prove itself right on 2 things it STARVES to know the answer to... space and religion..
science ALWAYS comes back to one word... theory.. which is often confused with faith...

there is a very thin line between theory and faith :)

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:27 pm

adrian wrote:i believe in god and ghosts :)

science will NEVER be able to prove itself right on 2 things it STARVES to know the answer to... space and religion..
science ALWAYS comes back to one word... theory.. which is often confused with faith...

there is a very thin line between theory and faith :)

Faith is the belief in something despite a lack of supporting evidence, or in the face of contradictory evidence. Scientific theory, on the other hand, is subjected to vigorous scrutiny before it is accepted. The scientific method seeks not only corroborating evidence, but especially contradictory evidence. A theory must be falsifiable in principle; that is, you must be able to state what evidence would prove the theory false, then seek to find that evidence. Only when contradictory evidence is not found, and corroborating evidence is, can a scientific theory be accepted. Beliefs held on faith are quite often unfalsifiable in principle, thus excluding them from the realm of scientific inquiry. There is actually, therefore, a very, very thick line between theory and faith.

Ghost Hunters falls into the realm of pseudo-science. They pretend to use the scientific method in their investigations, but they begin with the presupposition that ghosts exist. They then attribute to them characteristics and abilities (such as emitting electromagnetic frequencies that can be picked up on EMF meters) which have never been verified (because nobody has ever performed controlled experiments on a ghost, to see if they actually emit EMFs). It makes for good entertainment, but not good science. :wink:

Halloweennut08
Haunt Master

Post by Halloweennut08 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:49 am

Listen I want to apologize to everyone I really believe in ghosts and spirits and God I'm sorry I acted in a bad manner and spluttered out stuff. I think Politics, Religion, Sports, Science can be talk about all day and no matter the evidence or lack of you will still have people on both sides of the argument at the end of the day and there always will be. There is a lot of people who believe in ghosts/spirits and who do not. So if you don't or you do lets just agree to disagree. :) And once again sorry If I offended anyone sorry, lets try to stay positive as the day is here Happy Halloween everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:40 am

Halloweennut08, you've completely miss understood what I have said....you seem to be under the impression that I have said god, ghosts, spirits, and demons dont exist because I think those shows are faked......What I said was, I DO believe in all those things, what I dont believe in are the shows being real......I believe people do encounter ghosts, but I believe those shows create the ghosts they encounter for the TV show.....

Halloweennut08
Haunt Master

Post by Halloweennut08 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:35 pm

Alright my bad I apologize for it, didn't mean anything I just get worked up over Halloween stuff my family makes fun of me for believing. And instead of saying anything I take it in and on the days I posted that stupid posts they was really getting on me and I just snapped I didn't mean anything by it, it was just a heat of the moment if you know what I am talking about. This Halloween though good has been really rough on me both mentally and physically so I again I would just like to state for the record I'm sorry it was a heat of the moment and I really didn't mean anything sorry I will be thoughtful and respectful if I get in a debate like this again. Hope you guys aren't upset, But I did have a decent Halloween hoped everyone did to. And if you guys want I will remove those stupid posts.

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:54 pm

Halloweennut08, dont sweat it, I wasnt upset and we're all Halloween freaks so if ya feel down again just come and chat with us about Halloween, we wont make fun of ya........well, we might but it will be the good kind :)

Halloweennut08
Haunt Master

Post by Halloweennut08 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:46 pm

Okay thanks Spooky yeah that sounds good to me glad you guys understand I am kind of down due to Halloween being over but I'm getting a little bit better cause next month is Mii Halloween Month.

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:19 pm

this is very true :) next friday really :)

Midnite Shadow
Halloween Master

Post by Midnite Shadow » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:30 pm

Did anyone watch the show last night? What did you think?
They say that life's a carousel
Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well
The world is full of kings and queens
Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
Its heaven and hell, oh well

I am Vengeance...I am the Night!

I swear to God...[Batman]SWEAR to Me!!