The Walking Dead

For all your spooky, ghosty, haunted and otherwise Halloween-y television show discussions!
Hallow's Queen
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

The Walking Dead

Post by Hallow's Queen » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:57 pm

Obviously about Zombies guys, and REALLY WELL DONE. I would think that most of everyone here has heard of the series, and hopfully watched it. There pilot season finished fatastically and now they have I think...13 episodes this next season? Comes out in October!

Comes from the Robert Kirkman series which is different from the televised one but both are fantastic in their own way. Some readers may get pissy that they don't do what's in the book but I feel as though the directors of the show are still very creative with telling this story.

I'm not going to say much about the comic other than it is a must read (I own all 6 books on hardback and plan to buy the 7th when it releases) and that it would probably give spoilers to the series. All I will say is that Robert Kirkman flippen loves killing off his characters, good lord he is brutal, so don't get attached to anyone in the show.

If you do watch the show though quick q, who's your fav character? Mine is Glenn. FOREVER AND ALWAYS.
H a l l o w ' s Q u e e n

Image Image

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by Jack Skellington » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:19 pm

I'm a huge fan of this show. Saw it when it aired on the TV & bought it when it came out on Blu-ray.

I said on another post in the movie section, that here in England we were only 5 days behind you guys in the USA in watching the latest episode.

I have three of the volumes of graphic novels so far. So i'm a little bit behind.

To answer your question, my favourite character is Rick. Which is different for me as the main character is rarely my favourite. Other than of course in the show Dexter. :D
Yours in haunting;

The Pumpkin King of Hallowe'en Town

Boogeyman
Halloween Master

Post by Boogeyman » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:20 pm

I honestly don't hold out much hope for this next season since Frank Darabont is no longer in charge of the show. He directed the first episode last year. The rest were directed by several other directors. And the first episode was the best one last season. I don't think this show will last more than three seasons. I would love for it to continue for several years, as long as the level of quality was maintained. Don't get me wrong, I will watch every episode this season, but after the way the first season ended, it seriously needs to get better or the show will really lose viewers.

AMC now puts more effort in to what they now call Fear Fest. Which is an awful name in my opinion.

There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:38 am

Marathon, from the beginning. Starts Saturday morning, New Years Eve. AMC.

Undertaker
Master Reaper

Post by Undertaker » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:19 am

I thick the show is very good with great fx. It tends to drag on to much for me. But it is well done!
I am the last smiling face you"ll see before I shut the lid!

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:35 pm

A movie audience in South Africa thought they were watching a trailer for a romantic-comedy when a zombie starts ambling down the isle towards the front of the theater. Turns out it was a clever ad for Walking Dead season 2. Watch the video all the way to the end. I would have loved to be in that crowd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb3I4R58oZ0

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:51 pm

The last episode was better than about the last 6 or 7. Stuff might finally be happening to the group.
我想念我的家

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:48 pm

Li H'Sen Chang wrote:The last episode was better than about the last 6 or 7. Stuff might finally be happening to the group.
I said the same thing last night at work to a coworker that watches the show
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Nick Nefarious
Master Reaper

Post by Nick Nefarious » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:20 pm

I think that for a TV show about zombies, TWD is pretty dang good. I began as a fan of the comic, and I know there are people out there that are fuming that every episode isn't a hack n' slash zombie killing free-for-all, but come on, every episode can't be a straight "bang-bang, run, run, run, bang-bang" scenario. Us gore hounds might love it, but the bulk of the viewership will get bored and stop watching. Then we'd have no show at all.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:50 am

For anyone who hasn't read the comics, if you think those last couple episodes were intense, the roller coaster ride is just beginning. Well done. Bring on Michonne!

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:45 pm

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:16 am

I just finish watching the last 2 shows on Tuesday and I like how the show finished. I will watch more when it comes back on. There needed to be people killed and they finally did it.
我想念我的家

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:40 pm

Just saw a commercial for season three, starting in October. They're going to do a marathon of all the previous episodes, with the first episode in black & white. Sounds cool! Should give it that 'Night of the Living Dead' vibe.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:56 pm

A couple deleted scenes I would have loved to see.

The first one gives you a hint at what's coming. If you read the comics you'll know what I mean.

The second one is really gory. If you get queasy easy (ha ha) don't watch. Also, turn down the sound if you get offended by foul language or are in a work or kid environment. Someone put the video to rap music.

http://io9.com/5936542/we-wish-these-wa ... /gallery/1

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:30 pm

NeverMore wrote:
For anyone who hasn't read the comics, if you think those last couple episodes were intense, the roller coaster ride is just beginning. Well done. Bring on Michonne!
I read the first two hardcover books of the comic and I loved them. But I've only seen a couple episodes of the TV series so, where is it now? Would I be familiar with where it is or is it past what I read?
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon