Sleepy Hollow ------ The Series!!!!

For all your spooky, ghosty, haunted and otherwise Halloween-y television show discussions!
Kolchak
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Sleepy Hollow ------ The Series!!!!

Post by Kolchak » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:20 pm

I have to work, so y'all will have to fill me in.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:30 pm

My internet has been going out so I also missed it. Gonna wait till Friday, then watch it.

Here you go Kolchak...

Expires in 48 days.

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:04 pm

Can't wait to watch this tonight. I've heard nothing but good. So far my internet hasn't gone down again but I downloaded it just in case.

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:59 pm

NeverMore wrote:
My internet has been going out so I also missed it. Gonna wait till Friday, then watch it.

Here you go Kolchak...

Expires in 48 days.

Muchas Gracias!!! I watched it while finishing up my paperwork. If it stays that good, throughout the run....We Have A Winner!!!!

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:06 am

SPOILERS ABOUND!

Excellent!!

While the series doesn't jive with Irving's version (as many people on the net complain), you could easily imagine that he wrote his story based on this (fictional) true account of the horseman and Ichabod Crane. In other words, I have no problem that this story doesn't follow the book. I'd like to see them touch on this in the series. Funny... people didn't seem to mind that the Crow TV series contradicted the movie, or that the movie didn't follow the comics. Speaking of which...

One thing I noticed about this series, you have to watch close or you are going to miss the details. When headless was fending off the chains that the preacher vexed him with he cut a sign in half...

headless.jpg
headless.jpg (46.72 KiB) Viewed 20517 times
What else did you guys notice? Besides the fact that the Captain's last name is Irving. Also, nice nod to 'Hocus Pocus' at the beginning.

I hope they don't have Crane acclimate to modern times too quick. It is a series, they can drag the man-out-of-time theme on a bit. Was funny when he was playing with the car window and trying to figure out how to unlock the door. Headless sure was quick to pick up on modern weaponry. Still riding a horse though.

I think the blend of Paganism, Mysticism, and the Bible is going to be very interesting. Maybe a little controversial? A priest who practices witchcraft? Whooo-boy!

Can't believe they killed off Clancy Brown and John Cho so quick! Well... John Cho I can see. He's got to get back to the Enterprise.

Without a doubt, this is my new must see TV... err... streamer.

[/color][/size]

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:44 am

It's on tonight, I can't wait!!!

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:53 am

Well, I'm an English major type, and I am not bothered in the least by the departures from the original story (which is actually more amusing than scary, anyway). There would be no way to make a TV series true to the story, which is only a short story and doesn't have the extended conflict necessary for a series.

My husband said the pilot reminded him of Highlander, which I have never watched. But I gather it is about supernatural characters who battle each other through time, right?

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:05 am

Correctamundo Murf. Though with Highlander it was immortals battling each other, here it's humans vs immortals.

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:26 pm

It's being filmed in North Carolina, which does look somewhat like upstate New York. At least we won't have Southern California trying to pass its scrub brush and pinion trees for a northeastern state.

I thought of the Highlander comparison too when I saw the heads going by-by via the double edged axe.

I'm good with the witchcraft/satanic, good witch-bad witch theme that seems to be developing. As long as we don't have lights in the sky, missing time, cattle mutilations and Men in Black, I'm going to be happy.

But....

First sign of UFOs, Butt Probes and Black Helicopters.....I'm going to hop on I-85 North, drive up to Charlotte and hit somebody really hard!

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:12 am

Yup. Almost seems like the X-Files, with the occult instead of UFOs and whatnot. Looks like it's gonna be a lot of separate stories encompassed by an overall story. I also caught hints of National Treasure, where they are trying to unravel secrets hidden a long time ago.

I wrote:Can't believe they killed off Clancy Brown and John Cho so quick!

Shew!!

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:01 am

I could be wrong but this seems like the type of show that will be interesting the first half season, maybe first full season then <deleted> out and I'll never watch it again. It doesnt seem like the kind of story that can stay interesting season after season
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Boogeyman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Boogeyman » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:03 pm

Some shows aren't intended to have longevity. They are really only intended to fill a time slot and if they last a few years, it is a bonus.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:09 pm

I thought that about Buffy and X-Files. I guess it all depends on how well they do with the character development. Anyways, most of my all-time favorite shows only made it one season or so. Firefly, Kolchak, Special Unit 2, Jericho, Now and Again, Freaks and Geeks, ect.

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:31 pm

You'd have thought that Clancy Brown would have KNOWN better, RIGHT? I mean he WAS the Kurgan after all!! LOL!

If anybody would know how to hang onto his head, it would have been him! :roll: :wink: :lol:

I don't think Harold is actually dead. He was so stoned that he thought the Headless Horseman was Kumar and they went off to find a White Castle together! LOL! :cheese: :roll: :wink: :lol:

Just wait until Neil Patrick Harris shows up!

I have a feeling we're going to have a lot of flashbacks with Sheriff Kurgan and Deputy Harold from the way it looks! So we will see them again.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:03 pm

Kolchak wrote:I don't think Harold is actually dead. He was so stoned that he thought the Headless Horseman was Kumar and they went off to find a White Castle together! LOL!
At least he's no longer spying on Finch and Stifler's mom. :wink: Guy gets around. He goes from being a stoner to flying the Enterprise in one lifetime.