What are you watching?

Halloween and Horror Movies
Murfreesboro
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: What are you watching?

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed May 26, 2021 7:43 am

Lol. It's amazing how technology improves.

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Wed May 26, 2021 11:51 am

All of my devices are all connected in every way that there is to do such things, and that can get complicated if the network goes down.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Wed May 26, 2021 10:19 pm

My 'system' such as it is is a weird hodgepodge of 21st century digital, and 20th century anologue wiaht a CD recorder, DVD / Blue Ray player thrown in for good measure. In order to get my computer hooked up to that system, I have to replace my computer with enough outputs to hook into it, run cables, get the right kind of adaptors, and I am wondering if I should just subscribe to YouTube or Netflix and just have it cabled directly to my internet modem or something.

That will be a project for down the road.

Mike

of

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:26 am

The temperature here was in the 90s again so I gathered a bunch of old friends and watched some Halloween fare.
Attachments
Dear Great Pumpkin.jpg
Dear Great Pumpkin.jpg (102.21 KiB) Viewed 16846 times

TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:36 am

That picture just put a smile on my face, nothing is better than the classics, and I really like the decorations.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:13 pm

I have both the tv show on DVD and the record album sound track. As for what I'm screening now, I got impatient for some horror, so I decided to begin American Horror Story Season 3 "Coven."

Mike

TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:45 am

I'm on Summer vacation right now but since we are not going anywhere this year I've had more time to watch movies. I'm currently on season 8 of AHS, and I can say that season 3 is my favorite so far. I also watched the following movies.

Batman: The Long Halloween, Part 1 and 2. - This was a animated movie but it's not for kids, and aside from the title this didn't really have much to do with Halloween, it starts on the holiday and goes a whole year to the following Halloween, but it was a boring story and it's almost 3 hours to watch both movies, so unless you're a fan of the Batman animated movies I would just pass on them.

Fear Street Part 1, 2, and 3. - These movies are on Netflix, when I heard this was from the same guy that wrote the Goosebumps books I thought it was going to be for kids but it wasn't. It starts out like your typical slasher film but then it takes a supernatural twist. This was a great story and I really liked it, the third movie was slower than the others but it picked up and had a good ending, and I do recommend them.

Gunpowder Milkshake. - Another Netflix movie, while this isn't a horror movie it was good, it's basically a female version of John Wick so if you liked those movies then you should like it.

I've also been watching some movies from my childhood, Deadly Friend, Night of the Creeps, and Maximum Overdrive. I can't believe it's been 35 years since those movies came out, I know most people don't usually have anything positive to say about them, but I was 6 the first time I saw them on VHS and as a kid they made a impression on me and I still love them to this day.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:07 am

I recently purchased "Batman the Long Halloween" part 1, and I always did enjoy those animated CD Commic movies.
I have a bunch of them in my Blue Ray/DVD collection. As for AHS, I was not disappointed in any of them so far. They all had their own unique twists and turns to them that kept me interested. For me it's a toss-up between "Coven" and "Hotel," but I liked them all.

I would love to see some of those other flicks you mentioned to, but I will have to settle for seeing them on my computer screen if I they are only available through Netflix. I suppose I should contact my internet provider and see what I can do about getting a couple of good streaming service hooked up to my main system.

Mike

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:10 pm

If your computer has an HDMI port (and your TV has one as well) you should be able to run an HDMI cable from your computer into your TV.

Then you can watch anything playing on your computer on your TV.

You can buy a 10' cable for less than $20, more or less.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:20 pm

My computer does have an HDMI out, but I would need at leasst a 30 or 40 FOOT cable due to the way my computer and projector is situated. I would probably have to go with a 50 footer as I would really need to string that cable up in my drop ceiling tiles in order to keep from tripping over it. I might do that, but my Blue/Ray player does have streaming ability and direct access to Netflix and Hulu right on the remote.

Mike

TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:47 am

I like most of the DC animated movies, but just from the title it should have had more to do with Halloween, and I think they could have told the story in just one movie.

There are so many streaming services to choose from now, but in my opinion the best are Netflix and Disney+, I think you get the most content for the price compared to other ones out there. Most of them will let you try their streaming service free for a limited time so if you're not happy with it you don't have stick with the subscription.

I know you like Halloween related movies as much as I do, so you should check out the website below. They cover new movies and do reviews, I've discovered some good, and not so good movies there including some independent movies that I didn't hear about before.

http://www.thehorrorsofhalloween.com/

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:23 pm

The free services that I like are Hulu and Tubi. Both have commercials but they don't edit for time or content.

Amazon Prime is my go-to for paid content.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:02 pm

Thanks for the tips, Headless and Andy. I'll definitely check them both out. I do see adds for all these streaming services online all the time both in my e-mail and on Facebook. My Blue Ray/DVD player also has the capability of streaming from a modem provided I get a cable for it, and I might have to pay a little extra to my internet provider, so it might be worth my while to run a long HDMI cable from my computer to my projector, then a pair of RCA audio cables out of the projector into my sound board. Yes, believe it or not, my LCD projector will actually run audio!

Mike

TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:28 am

We watched some really good movies and tv shows during Halloween, but I didn't get around to posting about them here. So I was wondering if anyone here watched the Chucky tv series, AHS season 10, and the new show American Horror Stories, where each episode was a different story, and if so, what were your thoughts on them?

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:40 pm

I am STILL waiting for AHS 10 to come out on Blue Ray or DVD. I did watch quite a few movies last October, and I went and saw the latest installment of the "Halloween" franchise at the Harvest Moon Drive-In at the beginning of the month. That's another classic I want to add to my DVD/ Blue Ray collection!

Mike