BOO

Halloween and Horror Movies
Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

BOO

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:30 pm

Well, I don't quite know what to say. I just finished screening a movie I found in the 5 dollar bin at Walmart. It was titled "Boo," and it was a Halloween story which MIGHT have been a great story. In fact, it actually was a good story, but once again, low key lighting to the point I could see very little, coupled with a slow moving approach to presenting it watered it down to the point that made it boring and hard to follow. Piggyback onto that, there were so many sub plots going on, it was not clear whether I was watching a horror story, a 'family struggle' story or a romantic love story. On it's behalf, however, it did have a few creepy scenes, and a very creepy ending. All in all, though, it was mediocre at best.

HOLLYWOOD TAKE NOTE. We must SEE what's happening on the screen and we must HEAR what the characters are saying in order to follow the story. Also please take note that if you are making a movie based on a horror scenario, be it based on a true story or a work of fiction, IN THE NAME OF EVERYTHING HOLY AND DECENT please put the MAIN EMPHASYS on the legend. Keep who the oldest kid is in love with, the squabbling or family problems in the background so they don't over ride the story that is being portrayed.

Oh, and another thing. Either CUT THE COMEDY or TELL US it's a 'horror comedy.' Nothing more disappointing then purchasing a DVD or watching a flick online that's billed as a creepy horror tale, and finding out it's a farce, and an UN FUNNY farce at that.

Mike