Halloween 3 (2011)

Halloween and Horror Movies
iHaunt
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Halloween 3 (2011)

Post by iHaunt » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:54 pm

Good news! :D

This will not direct by Rob Zombie anymore at all, but Patrick Lussier will direct it! It will not release till October 31st, 2011. I read that actress Scout Taylor-Compton will play as Laurie Strode again, and not so sure who is going to be Michael Myers, not yet... Of course, John Carpenter will be the writer of this movie. ;)

Stay tuned for more info later.

ilovemichaelmyers
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Halloween 3 (2011)

Post by ilovemichaelmyers » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:23 am

UGH now they have someone else that's gonna kill it. UGH leave a good movie alone!!!! It did NOT need to be remade!
The Night HE Came Home

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:37 pm

ilovemichaelmyers wrote:UGH now they have someone else that's gonna kill it. UGH leave a good movie alone!!!! It did NOT need to be remade!
I know that, but I'd like to see different story about Michael Myers in this third remake, not like, you know, Halloween 3: Season of the Witch.

metallica_87
Crypt Keeper

Post by metallica_87 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:15 pm

iHaunt wrote:
ilovemichaelmyers wrote:UGH now they have someone else that's gonna kill it. UGH leave a good movie alone!!!! It did NOT need to be remade!
I know that, but I'd like to see different story about Michael Myers in this third remake, not like, you know, Halloween 3: Season of the Witch.
As far as I'm concerned the original part 3 isn't even part of the series, and shouldn't be at all. Nothing in it that even ties it back into the original series. Surprised Carpenter let that happen.

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:36 pm

Halloween 3 was supposedly to release this summer, but the director decided to wrap it up and wait till next year. :?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:17 pm

I actualy thought the Halloween remakes were pretty good. I liked the first oen better then the 2nd, because it told a more in-depth story about Michael Meyers, but it was still good.

I personaly wish, though, that Hollywood would look for some mew material instead of all these remakes. Granted that there are some movies that cry out for a remake. "When Worlds Collide," for one. "On the Beach" for another. But there are all kinds of local legends out there that would make great horror movies. Just in the Chicago area, the legends of Bachelors Grove is just one example.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:36 am

Yes, but the problem is I was so excitied seeing the 3rd part this year, but the director has to postpone it for next year! Dang it! :? I'd like to see what's the next 3rd story of Halloween movie remake with Michael Myers in it. Not like, you know, in Halloween 3: Season of the Witch?

jengraves86
Zombie

Post by jengraves86 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:25 am

After the first 2 Halloween movies were made, they intended to put different stories into the series that didn't necessarily involve Michael Myers. I guess Season of the Witch didn't work out too well seeing as they went back to using Michael Myers. I was always dumbfounded by the 3rd one before I knew what the purpose of it was. I have every Halloween movie in my collection other than that one. The remakes are ok but nothing will beat the original. I'm a big fan of Zombie but his movies are just too gorey for me. A horror movie is truly scary when you have to use your imagination to figure out what's going on as opossed to it all being right there in front of you.

metallica_87
Crypt Keeper

Post by metallica_87 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:49 pm

jengraves86 wrote:After the first 2 Halloween movies were made, they intended to put different stories into the series that didn't necessarily involve Michael Myers. I guess Season of the Witch didn't work out too well seeing as they went back to using Michael Myers. I was always dumbfounded by the 3rd one before I knew what the purpose of it was. I have every Halloween movie in my collection other than that one. The remakes are ok but nothing will beat the original. I'm a big fan of Zombie but his movies are just too gorey for me. A horror movie is truly scary when you have to use your imagination to figure out what's going on as opossed to it all being right there in front of you.
Actually, I think this is a case where a remake of 3 could be beneficial. Where the original fell short to even actually continue the story, I think if done correctly, I think it cou;ld serve well to be done as a bridge to show us what happened in the timeline between 2 and 4 for Michael. That was never really touched on.

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:55 pm

Ok, just letting everybody know that Halloween 3D is now official for 2012. :)

http://www.halloweenmovies.com/lastestn ... en-3-news/

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:14 pm

I hated "Season of the Witch," too. Every thime I think of that movie, I keep hearing that annoying comercial jingle: (Put to the tune of London Bridge is Falling Down)

"X more day to Halloween, Halloween Halloween
X more days to Halloween
Silver Shamrock"

It was also one of the hokeyest movies I ever saw in my life.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:33 pm

Season of the Witch is okay.... I really can't wait to see H-3D. :D

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:22 am

I never saw Season of the Witch. I'm a huge, huge fan of the original Halloween & Halloween 2.

I'm not huge fans of the remakes. I saw Halloween 2 remake last year & hated it. I own the remake of Halloween, I bought it a couple of years ago in a sale, it's better than it's sequel!

I'll be tempted to see this new one next year though, but i'll probably wait for it to come out to rent.
Yours in haunting;

The Pumpkin King of Hallowe'en Town

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:05 am

Mike, you mentioned On the Beach. That was an excellent movie, IMO, and I believe it was based on a successful novel of the late '50s. I wonder if that movie needs to be remade? Maybe it would help just to show the original more often.

For those of you who may not be familiar with it, On the Beach is the story of what happens after a nuclear holocaust in the Northern Hemisphere. The last human beings left alive are in Australia, and they know they are doomed. It very much comes out of that post WWII/Cold War paranoia about nuclear weapons. But of course, those fears have never really gone away. We have just gotten more accustomed to them, I guess.

I think I saw Season of the Witch once on TV, many years ago. I was puzzled by it then, never knew what connection it was supposed to have with the Halloween franchise.

Belladonna
Halloween Master

Post by Belladonna » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:53 pm

The original first Halloween and Halloween 2. Both fantastic.
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, and I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep."