Spookymufu
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Anyone going to see Harry Potter's ghost story?

Post by Spookymufu » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:29 pm

Boogeyman wrote:Murf, you might want to also avoid it due to some comments Radcliffe has made recently.
hows about telling us what he said, or better yet, provide a link?

I'm too lazy to chase down comments on google
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:39 am

Yes, I'd like to know what he said.

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:47 am

Spookymufu wrote:
Boogeyman wrote:Murf, you might want to also avoid it due to some comments Radcliffe has made recently.
hows about telling us what he said, or better yet, provide a link?

I'm too lazy to chase down comments on google
No joke.

Boogeyman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Boogeyman » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:59 pm

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/holly ... radcliffe/

You should not be using Google to begin with, but that is another story.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:47 am

well, no offense to the Brits on the forum but really, are you surprised? The Euros are notoriously left wing liberal and thats a stance I would pretty much expect from one. Besides, he's 22 and hasnt got much life experience so he really doesnt know much about the world and he might be gay, we dont know, so that stance on gay rights might be hitting him closer to home then he wants to let on.
But like anyone else he is entitled to his opinions and that shouldnt really effect the movies you go see unless it's someone like Sean Penn who openly supports dictators like Hugo Chavez, I wont go see any of his movies even tho he is a very talented actor.....

as far as google is concerned, until they come up with a better search engine, we're kind of stuck using it
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:47 am

I agree, Spooky. I am accustomed to the idea that most of the actors I watch think differently from me politically. As long as they aren't in politically-themed movies, I figure they have the same right to their opinions that I do. (Of course they have the right to make politically-themed movies, too, but I won't watch those.) And Radcliffe has probably never been around anyone who thinks any differently from him.

I do think it is very imprudent for someone from another country to come here and make pronouncements about our political scene. My rule-of-thumb is, if they can't vote here, they shouldn't be talking about our politics. Period. Nor do I think Americans should go overseas and start telling the English, or whoever, how to run their country.

ramaries69
Halloween Master

Post by ramaries69 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:02 am

I can't wait to see it but I'll wait for it to come out on Netflix or dvd.

Boogeyman
Halloween Master

Post by Boogeyman » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:29 pm

Spookymufu wrote:well, no offense to the Brits on the forum but really, are you surprised? The Euros are notoriously left wing liberal and thats a stance I would pretty much expect from one. Besides, he's 22 and hasnt got much life experience so he really doesnt know much about the world and he might be gay, we dont know, so that stance on gay rights might be hitting him closer to home then he wants to let on.
But like anyone else he is entitled to his opinions and that shouldnt really effect the movies you go see unless it's someone like Sean Penn who openly supports dictators like Hugo Chavez, I wont go see any of his movies even tho he is a very talented actor.....

as far as google is concerned, until they come up with a better search engine, we're kind of stuck using it

Spooky, you are missing the point. Most in Hollywood idolize Chavez. Most of Hollywood does not see Chavez or Ahmedinajad as the problem. They see conservatives as the problem. Hollywood has a long history of being communist sympathizers. Even great stars like Humphrey Bogart was sympathetic to the communists for a long time. He eventually woke up though, and realized he had been duped.

Why shouldn't the views of celebrities affect what movies I see when they insult me every chance they get? Of course they have a right to their own opinions, and I have a right not to spend my money to line their pockets so they can line the pockets of politicians that also attack my beliefs every chance they get.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:44 pm

I didnt miss the point at all, I know exactly what you were saying. I didnt say you dont have a right to not see the movies of people you politically disagree with, but as Murf said, if you do that you wont be seeing too may movies, most of Hollywood are anti conservative/pro liberal. I dont care what their political affiliation is, they have their opinions I have mine, my opinions are just as insulting to them as theirs are to me but really, who cares?

With that said, I saw The Woman in Black today, I thought it was a good movie, made me jump a few times but the ending pissed me off.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:10 am

How did you resolve the babysitting dilemma, Spooky?

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:02 pm

Spookymufu wrote:yeah, I'd like that too, but it isnt possible, the kids are too small to leave at home alone
Isn't that what locked closets are for?

Boogeyman: You'd probably be surprised to find out what some of your friends really believe in. The only difference is that they are not on a public stage and are wise enough to keep their mouths closed.

Anyways... the days of the big Hollywood stars may be coming to an end. Even Jeff Bridges, after filming Tron: Legacy, said what's the point in acting anymore? And after seeing this I agree with him. The era of the virtual actor is almost upon us.

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:12 pm

That link kept halting on me, but I saw enough to appreciate how superb the "skin rendering" is in that computer-generated image.

As someone who just adores live theater, though, I have a hard time believing that there won't always be live performances, and actors to perform them. I can't say where the movies are going, but there is more to acting than movies. And there is absolutely nothing more thrilling (w/re/to acting, I mean) than a superb performance in a brilliant play, happening right in the room with you.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:03 pm

Oh, I agree Murf. I love live plays and think there will always be a place for actors in theater. And politics? :wink: I just think the era of the superstar screen actors will come to an end once this tech becomes common-place. Maybe the writers or the computer programmers will become the new superstars? Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing some new John Wayne movies. Pilgrim. Uh huh.

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Boogeyman
Halloween Master

Post by Boogeyman » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:44 pm

NeverMore wrote:
Spookymufu wrote:yeah, I'd like that too, but it isnt possible, the kids are too small to leave at home alone
Isn't that what locked closets are for?

Boogeyman: You'd probably be surprised to find out what some of your friends really believe in. The only difference is that they are not on a public stage and are wise enough to keep their mouths closed.

Anyways... the days of the big Hollywood stars may be coming to an end. Even Jeff Bridges, after filming Tron: Legacy, said what's the point in acting anymore? And after seeing this I agree with him. The era of the virtual actor is almost upon us.
Then you don't know me. I only surround myself with people that are informed. If I am the only one in my circle that is prepared for what may happen, then everybody else will come knocking on my door. And I won't have the resources to help them. Therefore, I surround myself with like minded people. That may sound close minded, but it is anything but. If the people I surround myself with are also prepared, then together we can help and protect our community as much as we can. People I work with are just that, not friends. And I don't give the people I work with money, so that is not really a solid analogy.

Henry David Thoreau

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:59 pm

No, I'm really not a fantasy kind of a guy. I'm more into the old traditional Gothic style horror stories like "Dark Shadows," "Dracula," "Frankenstein," and "The Wolfman." Stories of that ilk. I also enjoy a good 'haunted house' story, and I love a good Sci Fi story. But I never went in for the "Harry Potter" franchises. My nieces all are nuts about it. They own all the books as well as all the movies on DVD. When a new "Harry Potter" flick comes out, it's like a huge event on the family web site.

Mike