Dead girlfriend on Facebook

Discuss/post ghost stories etc!
NeverMore
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Dead girlfriend on Facebook

Post by NeverMore » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:04 pm

I originally saw this story on Reddit. Seems it's been getting a lot of notice the last couple days. Guy's girlfriend died in a car accident in 2012, a year later she started contacting him on Facebook. Pretty creepy story if it's true. Here's a rundown on what's been going on...

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Re: Dead girlfriend on Facebook

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:53 am

Well, that's a creepy idea. It could make a good movie, maybe.

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:24 pm

I wonder if they really confirmed this guy had a girlfriend to begin with? The way people go looking for their 15 minutes of fame, I wouldn't be shocked he hoaxed it himself.

Years ago some guy claimed he was able to build an electrical circuit that could communicate with the other side. The guy who "discovered" claimed he had found a doctor who was on the other side and passing him information on how to make the communication sound better. You heard the "dead" doctors voice but it was always just a tad too electrical too hear well. You could make out words here and there, and so this guy worked on the box for several years and tried to sell versions. Seemed that the only time you actually heard the dead doctor was when the inventor had his back turned to you and nobody was ever allowed to get in front of the inventor when he was talking to the other side. No big shock, but the inventor had a microphone hooked up to the box and was playing both parts in the play.

Seems computer talking to ghosts is the next step in keeping up the con job.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:03 am

Kolchak wrote:Seems computer talking to ghosts is the next step in keeping up the con job.
You and your infernal logic! Let the kids have their fun.

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:03 pm

Hey! I WANT to believe!!!

Kind of like hoping the Falcons will make it to the Super Bowl...

Then you dial back your expectations and hope they just win the NFC South....

Then you dial your expectations back further and just hope they have a winning season....

Then you dial back your expectations even more further and hope they play .500 ball....

Finally you hope they LOSE enough games to get a top pick in the draft....

Then you REALIZE it doesn't matter who they draft because the front office and coaching staff have the IQ of a house plant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:34 am

Well...if it isn't a hoax...which it is possible it could be...but if it's not I actually think it's more a depressing story than a spooky one.

Perhaps it's possible that when a loved one dies...their love can still reach from beyond the great beyond...?
Nocturnal Purr-Fection