Dolls...

Discuss/post ghost stories etc!
Pumpkin56
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Dolls...

Post by Pumpkin56 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:22 pm

Dolls are creepy because of their blank unblinking stare. My little niece has this hideous little doll that giggles and stuff when you squeeze her belly. But she also makes this one noise that sounds like chewbacca or some kind of weird growling. Obviously some kind of glitch with the doll, but when you first hear it, you can't help but go "um, what?" It's something we can laugh about though :)

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:33 pm

I remember the movie Barbarella, it had dolls with jagged teeth, it gave my best friend nightmares!! :lol:

There is the Chucky dolls too, there kinda creepy!!

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:08 am

Dolls are evil! :evil: Same thing with clowns!!

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:36 am

witchy wrote:I remember the movie Barbarella, it had dolls with jagged teeth, it gave my best friend nightmares!! :lol:

There is the Chucky dolls too, there kinda creepy!!
My daughter saw Chucky on TV on a Saturday afternoon, when she was about five, and was never afterward able to play with dolls. Stuffed animals, yes, but not dolls.

I was an only child and had a lot of toys, including a lot of dolls. I recall one day, when I was maybe eight, I ranged all my dolls, about 14 of them, around my room, and then I sat in the middle and looked at them. Suddenly I was terrified and ran screaming to my mother. She was a no-nonsense type and harrumphed, "I never heard of such a silly thing in my whole life, a little girl afraid of her own dolls!" But I think any imaginative child, who spends a lot of time alone, might get creeped out that way. I never had any trouble at all understanding my own daughter's mild phobia.

The thing is, all those dolls? They started looking back at me. *shivers*

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:44 am

I remember one time when I was at my grandmother's house, I found my mom's old toy chest from when she was a kid. She had this one doll that had those eyes that would close when it was laying down and would open when it was upright. But it was obviously really old and the eyelids were a little jacked so her eyes stayed half open all the time. It kind of looked like it was looking at you through it's eyelashes. I never played with that one :)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:53 pm

Creepy doll stories are fun, and I do enjoy them, but I do not believe in them. I personaly never had any experience with a doll comming to life, but hey, what ever trips your trigger. I loved "Chucky," and I also saw some really creepy episodes of the tv show "Friday the 13th" that had dolls. There were also some pretty good stories about a ventriliquists dummy comming to life.

Mike

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:57 pm

and the award for the ultimate creepy doll that comes to life goes to............

THIS GUY!!!!!

http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:18 pm

When I saw that movie for the first time, it had me in stitches laughing, but it scared the beejeebers out of my younger sister. Go figure.

Mike

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:27 pm

Spookymufu wrote:and the award for the ultimate creepy doll that comes to life goes to............

THIS GUY!!!!!
Was that the movie with Karen Black? 'Trilogy of Terror'? Or something like that. The noise that doll made creeped me out.

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:28 pm

yeah thats it....That doll kept me up at night when I was a kid, but it didnt help that my big sister would say "ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya" from her room across the hall making it worse
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:42 am

Pumpkin_Man wrote: Creepy doll stories are fun, and I do enjoy them, but I do not believe in them. I personaly never had any experience with a doll comming to life, but hey, what ever trips your trigger. I loved "Chucky," and I also saw some really creepy episodes of the tv show "Friday the 13th" that had dolls. There were also some pretty good stories about a ventriliquists dummy comming to life.

Mike
Maybe girls are more vulnerable to this particular type of scare? After all, girls are typically the ones who play with the life-like "baby" dolls. My daughter could play with Barbies, but not with something that approached human size & appearance.

I seem to recall a movie from the '70s about a ventriloquist's dummy that came to life, or seemed to do so to his deranged handler. I think it was called Magic and starred Anthony Hopkins.

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:23 am

How 'bout this: Everyone can just take whatever scares them--be it dolls, or spiders, or ghosts, or whatever and just try and picture them doing this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU1MAokrrUk

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:59 am

Remember the movie named "Tales from the Hood?" Some black dolls killed a white guy who kept calling them N-word, you know? :lol:

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:17 pm

I remember a "Twilight Zone" episode where a ventriliquist's dummy actualy came to life, and wold kill people. "Time to pay the piper" it would say, before committing a gruesome murder.

Mike

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:26 pm

Well, dolls didn't do a whole lot for me when I was little. I had quite a few and I played with them from time to time, but there were other toys that I much preferred. Most of my dolls stayed tucked away in the closet and the closet door stayed shut, so I was safe there--they weren't getting out. I hated barbies and yet I would always get them as presents. I always pulled their heads off so I didn't have to worry about them either 8) I would have been a great zombie-hunter as a kid :lol: