Dolls...

Discuss/post ghost stories etc!
Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Dolls...

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:11 pm

Murfreesboro wrote:LOL! My daughter was absolutely traumatized by a Chucky movie she saw when she was 4 or 5 (it was on TV, I guess). She was never able to play with human-like dolls after that, only stuffed toys (and some Barbies, which were miniature and not scary to her).

Maybe girls, who play with dolls, are more likely to be spooked by the idea of a doll that comes to life. Well, and the ventriloquist's dummies can be kinda weird and spooky, too, maybe to anyone.
I know about the creepy dummy dolls but Chucky is less than 2 foot tall and weigh maybe 15 pounds so defeating him with fire, bricks, or really any weapon would be easy. :?
我想念我的家

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:32 pm

:lol:

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:44 pm

15 pounds??? More like 2 or 3 pounds. Those life like dolls are made very light so a baby can manauplate them easily. 15 pounds is pretty heavy for a toddler.

As for size, the scary part is the creepy look to the "Chucky" doll. There are dolls in other movies, too. In the made-for-tv mini series "Rise Red," for instance, there's a number of very creepy looking toys, including an electric train and several dolls. In the tv series "Friday the 13th," a doll is one of the cursed objects the owners of that antique shop try to retrieve from various owners.

Wo when it comes to the creepieness factor, size does not really matter. Something as tiny as a rat or even a cockroach could be scary.

Mike

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:05 pm

Pumpkin_Man wrote: 15 pounds??? More like 2 or 3 pounds. Those life like dolls are made very light so a baby can manauplate them easily. 15 pounds is pretty heavy for a toddler.

As for size, the scary part is the creepy look to the "Chucky" doll. There are dolls in other movies, too. In the made-for-tv mini series "Rise Red," for instance, there's a number of very creepy looking toys, including an electric train and several dolls. In the tv series "Friday the 13th," a doll is one of the cursed objects the owners of that antique shop try to retrieve from various owners.

Wo when it comes to the creepieness factor, size does not really matter. Something as tiny as a rat or even a cockroach could be scary.

Mike
The real Chucky isn't for a toddler it is for a young boy probably 6-8 years old. They are from the Good Guyâ„¢ brand and are pretty big compared to barbies and other baby toys.
我想念我的家

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:07 pm

That's true. Think about the flies in Amityville Horror. One of the creepiest scenes in that movie, IMO.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:11 pm

GAAAH!!! Clowns and dolls! Now it's gonna be a week before I can sleep with the lights off.

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:14 pm

The real person name of Chucky is Charles Lee Ray. :?
我想念我的家

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:46 pm

http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:12 am

"Trilogy of Terror." The first time I saw th at movie, that little doll creeped me out. In later years when I saw it, I laughed my head off.

Mike

The Duchess
Haunt Master

Post by The Duchess » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:40 pm

NeverMore wrote:

GAAAH!!! Clowns and dolls! Now it's gonna be a week before I can sleep with the lights off.
I agree. Clowns can be both scary and evil klooking.

There was a story of a possessed dummy used by a ventriliquist on The Twilight Zone and an evil, ugly looking doll on Night gallery. Both gave me chills up my spine.

I really don't believe that they can be possessed, but a good creepy story can chill your bones especially with an evil looking doll.

The Duchess
Last edited by The Duchess on Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHEERS! HAVE A GREAT DAY! FROM THE GUY IN A DRESS

The Duchess
Haunt Master

Post by The Duchess » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:19 pm

Pumpkin_Man wrote: "Trilogy of Terror." The first time I saw th at movie, that little doll creeped me out. In later years when I saw it, I laughed my head off.

Mike

You are right! It scared me. Was a great film.

The Duchess
CHEERS! HAVE A GREAT DAY! FROM THE GUY IN A DRESS

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:24 am

The first time I saw it, I was a kid, and I was with my younger sister. She screemed every time that little doll attacked that woman. IT scared me, and it was a great movie, but when I saw it as an adule, it more or less reminded me more of a Tom & Jerry cartoon then it did a horror show. I still think it's a good film, but after seeing it several times before, it looses is't scariness factor. The only film that I can think of off hand, that's still scary every time I screen it, is "The Blair Witch Project." I screen that film every October, and every October on the day I watch it, I notice all the little noises my old house makes.

Mike

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:01 pm

Pumpkin_Man wrote: The only film that I can think of off hand, that's still scary every time I screen it, is "The Blair Witch Project."

Mike

Mine would be "The Exorcist"

http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:43 pm

I enjoyed "The Exorcist," but it didn't scare me the way it did others. The thing is, I never saw it when it was out in the theatres. It was rated "R" and I was only 13 at the time. The first time I saw it was when it aired on 1980s vintage network tv, and the tv editors butchered it, "cleaning it up" for tv. I did finaly rent the movie and watched it in it's entirity, but it didnt' have nearly the impact.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:20 pm

The one that always gets to me is The Exorcism of Emily Rose. It is just so eerie and ambiguous. (I guess that's not about dolls, though.)

I think there is something inherently creepy about objects that are ordinarily associated with childhood innocence showing up in a scary movie, especially if there is an element of abandonment to them--like a doll in the attic, say.