Ouija board

Discuss/post ghost stories etc!
Haunt Master

Ouija board

Post by Haunt Master » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:47 pm

Have any one of you guys ever played Ouija game board and met some ghosts before? Love to hear your story here! :D

Well, long time ago, my friends and I used to play ouija game, I really can't recall how we played that game... about 30 minutes later, something smashed under the table and we had to move away from the table! We looked around and under the table, we seen nothing! :shock: It could be the ghost knocked the table! We didn't see any ghosts, but it might be true! Who knows???

By the way, my girlfriend and I went to Target store, we saw Ouija board with "glow-in-the-dark" for only $16.99! I dare not to buy it! :?

So, how did ouija come from? Any ideas?

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Ouija board

Post by Rising Dead Man » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:52 pm

Those thing should not be played with. :shock: My dad told me what happened to him when he used one. I do not remember what he told me. But if you want to know. PM me and I will post it here.
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:59 pm

Well, if there is a good story to discuss about ouija here, then post it here. Whatever happened to your dad with ouija board before, then post it here! We all would love to read it! :D

And, you may go ahead and email me anytime: cerlists@webtv.net

OctoberChill
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by OctoberChill » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:04 pm

I've used one on a couple different occasions. My first semester at college me and some friends took one to a cemetery on Halloween night actually. The board worked but nothing unusual happened. We were just being dumb kids.

A few years ago when me and my ex girlfriend first moved into our apartment (a brand new apartment. no one had lived there before) we bought one and used it. Nothing happened that night but after that stuff started happening around the place, pretty much until I moved out 3 years later.

We'd see small balls of light, stuff would fall off the counter by itself. It would happen for a while then stop for a few weeks, then start back up again. Now since we had just moved in there when we got the Quija I can't say if the board caused it or if it was just something on the land that was already there, but either way I haven't used a quija board since.

One time my gf kept seeing the flashes of light in the closet. She would always see it better than me for some reason. I couldn't see them and I was just playing around and yelled "If you're there show me!" or something dumb like that. Then right above the closet this BIG bright white light appeared, shot across the room and disappeared into thin air. It was the most vivid white light I've ever seen. I slept with the lights on for a while after that :?

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:45 pm

"(a brand new apartment. no one had lived there before) "

I love it when people make remarks like this one (no offense meant, 'Chill) because you never know what your building was built over, or how many cultures had lived on or around that area since the dawn of time.

Your spook might be an ancient spirit, afraid of the totally alien surroundings that were it's home at some point.

It boggles the mind!
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

OctoberChill
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by OctoberChill » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:04 pm

OctoberChill wrote:Now since we had just moved in there when we got the Quija I can't say if the board caused it or if it was just something on the land that was already there, but either way I haven't used a quija board since.
That's pretty much what I said there, isn't it? :wink:

Also, in Grim's post a while back about the things going on in his house I said it could be the land since no one had ever lived in that house before him and his family. It could be a traditional haunting except that the spirits are haunting land rather than a structure, or just events that get imprinted onto the environment. There's a lot of stories of people seeing Civil War battles being played out right in front of them. Fascinating.

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:15 pm

I know I have some Indian burial around here, but I don't see any tombstones or grave stones, none at all! It must be more than 200 - 600 years ago! :shock: My grandpa told me the whole story, but I didn't really remember all of the story. Sorry! :oops:

I guess maybe the spirit of Indians really hated for us to play this evil game board!! Who knows??? :shock:

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:18 pm

D'-OH!!! I wasn't processing what I was reading...sorry 'Chill.

Now I know this isn't the same as the real thing but...

http://www.brainjar.com/dhtml/ouija/

OctoberChill wrote:
OctoberChill wrote:Now since we had just moved in there when we got the Quija I can't say if the board caused it or if it was just something on the land that was already there, but either way I haven't used a quija board since.
That's pretty much what I said there, isn't it? :wink:

Also, in Grim's post a while back about the things going on in his house I said it could be the land since no one had ever lived in that house before him and his family. It could be a traditional haunting except that the spirits are haunting land rather than a structure, or just events that get imprinted onto the environment. There's a lot of stories of people seeing Civil War battles being played out right in front of them. Fascinating.

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:38 pm

Does it seem strange that anyone can talk to spirits just by spending a few bucks at a novelty store?
~Nicholas Gordon

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:58 pm

...sort of, but if you could talk to sprirts by just spending a couple of bucks wouldn't you??

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:11 pm

No. I think it is dangerous.
~Nicholas Gordon

Pumpkin King
Haunt Master

Post by Pumpkin King » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:51 pm

Yes! Here's the story.

Me & my girlfriend (Who is now my wife! :) ) were about 16 when we were invited to our friends house. He invited us over to watch some movies and just hang out on a Friday night. So we did, we had a good time. The hours passed and he showed us an Ouija Board that he just bought. So we played with it, the minutes passed and nothing interesting was happening until the glass that we were using broke and shattered when nobody was touching it. It didn't move at all, it just broke right there and then. Next thing we know, the pieces were slowly moving to the edge of the table. Each piece hit the ground. So after we put the board away and decided to go for a walk. As we're walking our friend said the next morning he was gonna get rid of the Ouija Board. So the night passed, we were all at home sleeping and sun started to rise. I think it was just after 10AM, my friend phoned me said claimed he walked over to the nearest dumpster and threw the board out, but when he got home there was the board. Right on his dining room table. So he ended up cutting the board in pieces and burned it. We never saw it again. Creepy stuff!

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:01 pm

Very interesting, PK!! Thanks for sharing your story here and I do appreciate it! ;)

By the way, that Ouija board has bee around since the time of Roman Emperorer Valens in the fourth century. See www.paralumun.com/ouijaboard.htm

But I recalled the first historical mention of something resembling Ouija board is found in China... I really had no idea! :?

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:03 pm

:shock: Thats creepy......
~Nicholas Gordon

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:21 pm

I would welcome proof of life-after-death myself, if I wasn't such a chicken! :shock: