My grandfather's ghost? o.o

Discuss/post ghost stories etc!
DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

My grandfather's ghost? o.o

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:16 pm

I don't actually have the picture to show (if I did, I'd be posting this in the ghost pictures forum) but it was taken once when my mom and I went to visit my grandparents, and my cousin from down south was up here. My real grandfather died before I was born, and my mom was only 11.
So her stepfather kind of became my grandfather.
However, we took a picture of my 'step' grandfather next to the TV. The strange thing was, in the picture there was a man standing over a yellow chair in the TV. The TV was off! The background reflected in the TV was different.
My mom and I think that was my real grandfather, and that yellow chair was the chair he used to like to sit in. Perhaps it was his ghost. What do you guys think? I can't really show you though because well...I don't have the picture ^^;
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

OctoberChill
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: My grandfather's ghost? o.o

Post by OctoberChill » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:16 am

People usually like to debunk stuff like this. They'll automatically start off trying to prove that it wasn't a ghost. I'm the opposite :) Just because I think that stuff like this happens more than we realize. I'd say it's perfectly logical that it was your grandfather in the picture.

In my family there's a pic of what we think is my great grandma, even though she had just passed away when it was taken. It was a faint image, but enough to make you look twice. Deceased family members like to show themselves. After all, they are still part of the family.

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:44 pm

It's hard to say really. It depends on who you ask.
IS it coincidence? Is it lighting? Is it really the ghost of a dead reletive? Are we seeing into another dimention...perhaps the afterlife? Is it really a demon tricking us?
The atheist would say it was merely coincidence. The christian would say it was a demon.
Me, I'm just not sure. I do believe in God by the way, though my faith has been iffy lately. I do believe in a heaven and a hell, and I suppose my worst fear is ceasing to exist when we die.
At least the presense of ghosts and stories of near death experiances give me some kind of comfort there. It'd be neat if it really was my grandfather, I just hope that for whatever reason, I wasn't seeing into hell or something. o.o

By the way, this image of the "ghost" was actually pretty clear. At least I thought so!
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

Midnight Witch
Haunt Master

Post by Midnight Witch » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:36 pm

It could be your Grandfather's ghost. Who knows?
:|
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” -Einstein

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:19 pm

Come to think of it, I kind of think my Grandfather's ghost watches over our family.

I think I heard somewhere once before I was born that my dad when he was dating my mom saw a strange shadow of a man next to her. *shrugs* But I can't remember for sure. My grandfather is probably watching over my mom, and perhaps me too. It's a shame I never met him in life.

Still this photograph was pretty clear, not like the fuzzy ones you usually see. It was taken by a digital camera, and I know it wasn't fudged or photoshop edited.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:32 pm

If it gives you comfort and solace to believe it is your grandfather, then that's all that really matters.