Haunted Dollar General Store?

Discuss/post ghost stories etc!
NeverMore
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Haunted Dollar General Store?

Post by NeverMore » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:00 pm

Speaking of demons, one of my favorite things about Comic-con this year was the pro-Satan rally. Because of the new Damian and Lucifer seriesesses. Also a way to get back at the religious freaks who show up every year trying to ruin everybody's fun.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:18 pm

Why does Comic-Con attract religious zealots?

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:30 pm

Well it's possible it could have been a prank. The entire thing happened before I was fired though I can't remember just how long ago it was between hearing the voice and being fired was. Perhaps a month in between, and looking at the date of the post I'd say I made the post about a month after being fired. I didn't always get along with that particular manager either; I remember being jealous because she was made a manager almost immediately after being hired there and I'd worked there longer, still a regular cashier. I admit to being a lot more immature back then as well; I've noticed a huge difference in my mannerisms with typing a post online back then as opposed to now. Dollar General was also my first experience as a cashier.

But I can say that she seemed pretty spooked herself when she heard it. I remember that much. I freaked her out even more when I suggested that it might be a demon spirit. I think we were getting along ok that particular night, and I had to give her a ride because she didn't have a car. The job itself was stressful; of course dealing with the public always is.

Back then it wasn't even close to Halloween time, I worked there only for about 4 months if I remember right and it was late Spring into early summer. I think it was near my birthday when they fired me; and the reason being is that I accepted a bad check.

I'd only heard that particular voice once while she claimed to have heard it more than once. After that I was a little spooked to close there.

I can't remember if I'd expressed an interest in the paranormal prior to that happening either. I do remember being a lot more religious back then. I used to go to the Pentecostal church which is very "Spiritual" but they also tend to delve a lot in a belief that the holy spirit moves toward people, and that there's "spiritual warfare" going on.

The thing is though; I don't think I was even looking for a spiritual encounter. If memory serves me right; this is the first time it had happened; though I can't remember if I saw my Grandfather's photograph before or after the event, though that's a separate event entirely. I had severe night terrors when I was really little growing up in the old house in Dansville, but this is the first time I remember having any encounter that lends itself to a spectre of some kind.

It was pretty spooky to say the least. But the good side of it was that no real harm came to me, or my co workers to my knowledge from it. Granted, the girl herself had an abusive relationship with her boyfriend.

Yeah the Bibical story I spoke of is the one you mentioned Murf. But at this point I've heard all kinds of different interpretations of demons; from the traditional Christian interpretation, to some of it's branches, and then of course there's the Jewish interpretation; and the Eastern Interpretation. The Eastern interpretation is interesting, because I think in Asian culture demons are more like monsters than spirits, but some demons can be spirits as well. I think the Jewish interpretation makes the most sense; but I'm also fascinated with Japanese demons like nekomata, bakeneko and kitsune. Another thing to note is that in Japanese folklore; not all demons are considered malevolent. Some are actually benevolent.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:36 pm

It could have been a real ghost you heard. If that was the case count yourself as lucky. But before we go looking for demons from another dimension, look for the demons who are just as human as you and I. They might be the ones behind the sounds.

When I hear these stories I always look for the obvious first. The obvious would be that you were mistaken in what you heard and the answer was more mundane than a ghost. I once answered a call at an elderly couples home who were convinced their house was haunted because they heard strange sounds at night. A little investigating and their ghost turned out to be a smoke alarm whose batteries were getting weak. When the batteries got weak, they would emit a pinging sound, which would then change to another sound and yet another sound, so the people would know that it was time to change the batteries. Once we put in some new batteries, they never had another ghostly incident!

You must always be on the lookout for people that are trying to put one over on you just because they are jerks and have found a way to push your buttons emotionally. Those kind of people are out there and they are just about as worthless as worthless gets.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:49 pm

It's hard to say for sure; but you do bring up some good points. I believe that true evil is something only human beings are capable of anyway; unless of course we find another species one day that is just as intelligent as we are. (Assuming we find life on another planet one day; although I think even our own Earth has secrets we still have yet to uncover.)

I have to admit I think that incident actually made me more interested in the paranormal than I was before.

Yeah it's always a good idea to think of the logical things first. I'm sure in the case of our faulty washer it could have kicked on by itself due to faulty wiring. But I don't completely dismiss the paranormal either. I think it's possible but life is full of uncertainties that is for sure.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:57 pm

Murfreesboro wrote:Why does Comic-Con attract religious zealots?
Something about worshiping false idols.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:29 am

NeverMore wrote:
Murfreesboro wrote:Why does Comic-Con attract religious zealots?
Something about worshiping false idols.
Wow. They need to lighten up.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:42 am

One of my best friends is a devout Christian; and a huge nerd. Like Murf here I'm sure he'd agree they need to lighten up. He's always enjoyed things like super heroes. He was a bit iffy on Harry Potter though; but you know.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection