Haunted Dollar General Store?

Discuss/post ghost stories etc!
DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Haunted Dollar General Store?

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:54 pm

I used to work at a dollar general (but they fired me. Bleh.). It was a closing shift that night, I was closing with one of my friends who was part of the management. It took her a while to get everything done. As we stood near the cash registers where she would print out the over/sales report and close down the registers...we heard this voice.
The voice sounded like a little girl. We both heard it, and I could've sworn it said "is there anybody there?"
It sent chills up our spine. The girl I worked with told me she heard it before. She told me not to bother going back looking for the little girl's voice. She said she's looked before and not found anything.
She told me she also worked with a guy (the only guy that was working there, rest of the staff were women lol) who went to check it out. She said he saw stuff flying off the shelves near the stationary section.
My grandmother and one of my best friends believe it was a demon. As for me, I'm not sure what it was. I didn't even know about the leery voice until after I heard it.
It did kind of creep me out.
What you guys think?
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

california ghoul
Master Reaper

Re: Haunted Dollar General Store?

Post by california ghoul » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:10 pm

That's weird...she seems to dislike men. I wonder how her spirit got into the Dollar Store out of all places!
I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin. - Linus

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:03 am

*Shrugs* Depends on how you wanna look at it.
If it is a demon as opposed to a ghost, then it wouldn't matter. The entire thing would be a deceptive cover. And if she's lurking around the stationary section well...that's where the Bibles are.
I didn't think of that though, the idea of the ghost not liking men. Never occured to me.
The building itself is old, other stores have existed there. It's in a plaza.
It's possible someone could've died when it was constructed. Maybe a forceful man killed her. It may have been brutal.
I couldn't find any information on deaths that centered around it though.

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

Ghost
Master Reaper

Post by Ghost » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:15 pm

OK, what makes you think it was a demon? It was a little girl! Flying stuff off shelves sounds like basic ghost behavior. If it was throwing off bibles like you said, may sound like a demon, but I'm still skeptical. After all, the voice said "is anybody there" or something like that. Sounds like a fairly friendly ghost. After all, if it was a demon, don't you think someone would have gotten hurt or killed or something by now?
Happy Halloween All Year Long!!!

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:41 pm

My first inclination would have been to answer back, "I'm here!"

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:11 pm

Yeah but demons can be deceptive, and if stuff did fly off the shelves I think the demon could've been trying to kill that guy.

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:06 pm

You're saying that as if you believe demons can kill people. I don't believe they can... not unless you believe they can (Kinda like the voodoo in the movie The Skeleton Key), and they'll do their darnedest to make you think they can.

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:22 pm

Well I think they can harm people, and they can decieve people. And they can possess people. A ghost in my opinion is a lost soul, who has lost their way to their final resting place. It could've been the ghost of a little girl...but I'm not sure. I'm certainly demons could kill people though. They killed swine by possessing them and commiting suicide after all.

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:47 am

DemonSlayerMau wrote:Well I think they can harm people, and they can decieve people. And they can possess people. A ghost in my opinion is a lost soul, who has lost their way to their final resting place. It could've been the ghost of a little girl...but I'm not sure. I'm certainly demons could kill people though. They killed swine by possessing them and commiting suicide after all.
I was under the impression that those spirits didn't kill the swine. The pigs went crazy and ran off the cliff... the spirits had very little to do with that. Why would they kill the pigs when their reasoning was more along the lines of "we'd rather have a pig's body than no body at all"?

...and, in my opinion, you cannot get possessed "just cause". You have to first give the permission to be possessed-- it doesn't always have to be vocal either. You can give permission by your actions or by "giving up" if the attempt is being made. Your body is yours, and no one will share it with you lest you allow it. Believe what you like. I prefer this explanation. I'll end my tangent comments here; though, you may reply... I will not respond. =)

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:20 pm

...and, in my opinion, you cannot get possessed "just cause". You have to first give the permission to be possessed-- it doesn't always have to be vocal either. You can give permission by your actions or by "giving up" if the attempt is being made. Your body is yours, and no one will share it with you lest you allow it. Believe what you like. I prefer this explanation. I'll end my tangent comments here; though, you may reply... I will not respond. =)
You may reply but you won't respond? What would be the point of me responding then? :p
Anyway I'm just not sure. It very well could've been a little girl, it could've been something else, and it could've been a deceptive demon. It's difficult for me to say. The fact that it had something against the Bibles tells me it could've been a demon...or else it could've been a spirit had a grudge against men (like suggested earlier). It may not have been a little girl...it could've just had a youthful voice. It's hard to say. We just don't know. Since I got fired there, I can't really stay overnight and tell you either.
As for me, I don't delve into paranormal superstition, because those are forces I have deemed shouldn't be tampered with.
Still makes a nice ghost story though. X3

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:22 pm

Well, since it was mentioned I thought I would revisit this thread if anyone is interested. I no longer share the belief that whatever it was, was a demon. To be quite honest I'm not even sure if demons really exist. I think the only "demons" that exist, are the ones we create in our heads; our "inner demons" if you will.

I think it was either a hallucination, or really the ghost of a little girl.

But if it was a hallucination; how is it that when the boss didn't tell me prior to hearing the voice that she'd heard it before? We both heard it at the same time, and then she told me she heard it before. If she would have told me before I heard the voice, then I would have alluded it to a "group" hallucination.

It was a few years ago though; so my memory of the incident is fuzzy at best. This was when I was in New York state; but while Virginia seems to be more "famous" for hauntings, I'm pretty sure New York has it's fair share of ghost lore and tales. I'm a little older now though so I'd like to look at it through a more critical lens if you will.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:23 pm

What swine?

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:27 am

Probably a reference to the Bible story where Jesus casts a group of demons (Legion?) out of the man and they ask to be cast into the nearby heard of swine. Jesus obliges, and the swine run over a cliff or something, drown themselves.

I think there could be demons, outside of our own mental illness, I mean. I have never met one and don't want to.

I don't know what to make of hearing intelligible voices like that. I have never had that experience, either.

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:03 pm

Murfreesboro wrote:Probably a reference to the Bible story where Jesus casts a group of demons (Legion?) out of the man and they ask to be cast into the nearby heard of swine. Jesus obliges, and the swine run over a cliff or something, drown themselves.

I think there could be demons, outside of our own mental illness, I mean. I have never met one and don't want to.

I don't know what to make of hearing intelligible voices like that. I have never had that experience, either.
Gotcha' Thanks! For some reason I kept thinking it was somewhere in the Exorcist movie and I kept racking my noodle trying to figure out where??? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :eye:

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:05 pm

I freely admit I am debunker, but I also would like to think that just maybe, somewhere, somehow and sometime, there are things that go bump in the night. I personally have never experienced such a thing, despite looking and looking.

This is just a thought, Mau and I'm not implying anything. I wasn't there, and did not experience what you did, so all I'm basing this on is what I have interpreted from your post. This is just an opinion, nothing more.

You say you were fired from that job. Could this have been attempt on the part of people there to harass or mess with you in some way? The other person heard the child too, but could that person been behind the sound in the first place? Did they know about your interest in the paranormal? I'm not accusing them of anything, but you never know how low some people will stoop?